The Miami Grand Drift Challenge August 7-8 at the Miami GP RACEWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
*******************UPDATE****************************

Due to severe weather conditions (the chance of rain and thunderstorms), the Miami Grand Drift Challenge has been postponed to Saturday, August 7 and Sunday, August 8. The deadline to register has been moved to midnight on Sunday, August 1st. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO SIGN UP. Besides the change in dates for the event and the deadline for registration, all rules still apply. If you have any questions, please pm me.

******** UPDATE*********

As of right now, the competition will go on as scheduled. However, if the weather conditions worsen, the event would have to be postponed.

So the wait is over!!!!!! P.R.S, FARA and Miami GP are joining together to bring you:
flyer.jpg

************UPDATE****************
The deadline to pay was yesterday, Tuesday, July 20th. Due to the high petitions and inquiries for late sign-up, drivers can still register on Saturday at the gate granted that they sign up on the site by midnight on Friday. There is a late registration fee of $25 dollars; the full amount of $125.00 needs to be paid in full at entry.

DRIVERS WHO SIGN UP BEFORE DEADLINE (July 20th) WILL RECEIVE A MIAMI GRAND DRIFT COMPLIMENTARY T-SHIRT
Date: July 24 & 25th 2010
Time: Gates open to the public at 9am event ends at 6pm

Driver Registration: $100.00
Spectators: $10.00
Two day pass $15.00

It was decided not to have the presale ticket. Everyone must purchase their tickets at the gate; the rate for spectators that will be attending both days will be $15 to compensate for the cancellation of presale tickets.

This will be an event to remember. The Miami GP is a very technical and challenging track. Come out and see the best drifters in all of Florida battling it out for the title of Miami Grand Drift Champion.

Drifter Sign Up:
1: Click the Buy Now Paypal button and make your payment (total will be $104 with paypal fees)
2: Click the PDF and Fill out the form at the BOTTOM OF THE FORM paste your paypal confirmation number as your signature!
3: E-mail the PDF file to miamigranddrift@gmail.com with subject Driver - (your class)
4. When you Email the PDF, In the Email Put a CONTACT Number!

MAKE SURE THE FORM IS FILLED OUT PROPERLY!

****UPDATE****

Due to the growing amount of non cage drivers asking to be allowed to drive this track. I have decided to create a class for those drivers that do not have a cage or suit.

These individuals will be participating in a different group of drivers and would not be competing with Class A drivers nor will there be a tandem class for Class B drivers.

The fees are the same, the requirements are posted under the requirements for Class A drivers but they still have to meet tech requirements.

TIRE MACHINE WILL BE AVAILABLE!!!!!!

Drivers who meet the requirements will be able to participate in the challenge.

Driver requirements:

Group "A" drivers
Only two crew members (no exceptions)

1- Your vehicle must be equipped with a roll cage
2- You must have a fire suit
3- You must have a helmet (Helmet is SNELL certified M95 or SA95 or newer and free of damage, NO BICYCLE HELMETS!!!!)
4- You must pass Tech (cars will be teched that day, Tech sheets will be provided and a tech inspector will tech your vehicle. You don't pass you don't drift!)

Group "B" drivers

1- You must have a helmet (Helmet is SNELL certified M95 or SA95 or newer)
2- You must wear long pants and sneakers (no shorts nor sandals, NO EXCEPTIONS!!)
3- You must wear gloves
4- You must have a "drifter" status on Sfldrifters.com

DEADLINE IS July 20th DRIVERS MUST SIGN UP BEFORE DEADLINE NO EXCEPTIONS

Here are guidelines your car needs to have in order to pass tech inspection. These guidelines will be in effect for this event and future Miami Grand Drift events. Please take the time to read the following tech requirements:

1. Battery properly secured and positive terminal covered (NO BELTS, TAPE, etc)
2. Engine compartment free of loose items (air filter, hoses, wires, etc)
3. No fluid leaks or exposed wires
4. Brake lights function properly (at least two red functioning brake lights)
5. Seat properly mounted and secure
6. Seat-belts properly mounted and secure
7. Brake pads and rotors in good condition
8. Wheels and wheel bearings are tight and road worthy
9. Windshield is free of cracks which might obstruct the driver's vision with at least 1 functioning driver-side windshield wiper
10. No loose items in car or trunk at ALL!!
11. Roll bar in open cars is required
12. Drivers should not be LATE! If you miss TECH your not driving.

****** DRIVERS THAT ARE LATE TO THE EVENT WILL NOT SLIDE****** (So show up on time)

SAFETY RULE!
NO PASSENGER RIDE ALONGS!!! (Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS!!)

DRIVERS FOR MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS ABOUT THE EVENT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A PM OR YOU MAY SHOOT ME AN E-MAIL.

Interested in becoming a Vendor or a sponsor for the Miami Grand DRIFT??
Please e-mail us with questions or package information at MiamiGrandDRIFT@gmail.com

You may also contact us at 305-232-5550

Regards,
Moe @ PRS

Class A drivers list:
Jason Jiovani
Bert Abelos
Ryan Kaufman
Estie Falero

Class B drivers list:
Ali Nassar
Luis Riera
Erick Mahle
Jerry Warren
Jerry Montero
Ahrmed Fahmy

Last edited:
sweet im soo there,well to spectate!! :bigthumbu

i have an idea, why dont we get some of are best media guys & maybe flow them around in the go karts and try getting some media like that

Last edited:
dont thik ill be able to get my cage done by then but where gonna give it a shot i already told you moe i want to drive this so bad.

Moe do i need door bars? also im guessing the autopower bolt in pass tech so can i just copy esties cage?

^^ two days? i only see one, or am i still drunk?

either way, im there. gotta start tearing the car apart like NOW!

dont thik ill be able to get my cage done by then but where gonna give it a shot i already told you moe i want to drive this so bad.

Moe do i need door bars? also im guessing the autopower bolt in pass tech so can i just copy esties cage?

Yes it is acceptable. But if yo are going to other events other than the Miami Grand Drift is recomended you meet SCCA or FD spec. But is not a must.

announceR?

Pmed

down to shoot but the owner (miami gp) aint using any of my pics ;)

Just like Homestead... The evnt organizer (Me) must have a copy of all the photos after the event.

Last edited:
why two days for a tiny gocart track moe? Just curious?

I'm giving drivers who never have driven he track to test it/ and pre-qualify the day before the grand finally on Sunday. Sunday will be a big show.

I'm working on having a bike show and a go-kart demo.

Again any other questions about the event please feel free to pm me

^^ two days? i only see one, or am i still drunk?

either way, im there. gotta start tearing the car apart like NOW!

The 24th is a test/ pre-qualify day.

Last edited:
I'm giving drivers who never have driven he track to test it/ and pre-qualify the day before the grand finally on Sunday. Sunday will be a big show.

I'm working on having a bike show and a go-kart demo.

Again any other questions about the event please feel free to pm me

The 24th is a test/ pre-qualify day.

ill bring my bikes :cool:

There is a video of them testing it. I can't find with my phone for you sorry...

This go karters need to get some chase cam footage like before at wpb FDC rd1 !!

Yes it is acceptable. But if yo are going to other events other than the Miami Grand Drift is recomended you meet SCCA or FD spec. But is not a must.

yeah i want it too be legal but dont want door bars right now. thanks for the info gonna start working on it asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom