The Drifting help thread.

Roly D Sauce

Bent Rims and Tickets v.1
Staff member
Driver
so a while ago i saw someone post something saying about watching videos and learning from videos. i think it was hellacalijosh but w.e. so id thought i start a thread of incar videos that may be useful in learning some techniques. please this isnt a thread to show off great entries and shit just to show off.

i would like this to be a helpful thread. maybe point out some mistakes the driver has made and whatnot. but anyways here

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about?
Hellacallijosh is too pro to learn from videos.

HELLA HELLA!

edit:

I see this turning out to be a very helpful thread.

Last edited:
i learned alot more from riding with other drivers and watching their foot and hand work. Helped me alot with my foot placement(i have huge feet LMAO) and keeping both hands on the wheel. I think its better cause you can ask questions to the driver you cant ask questions to a vid

the first vid from (kenny s13)...... that guy sucked, he crosses hands way too much and has no angle...... but hey hes in japan and im not so what do i have to say lol

the second vid the guy has a bent as steering wheel lol you can see it wable haha

either way though nice vids for newbs to learn

Last edited:
its an sr. He got that s15(the one from the opps vid) when he moved to Japanland, and sold it for the 180sx, guys name is Rob Riter, really amazing driver and friend, he taught me quite a bit!

correction ahmed. its a 240sx...its left hand drive...he bought it from some D1 driver who built it stateside to practice.. still badass...he is very well talented and knows how to drive exceptionally well. even when he had his miata.

kenny s13

That guy with the ls1 his 1st runs were absolutely shit. Throwing the wheel and letting go letting the car do whatever it wants. His 2nd runs were much better a lot more precise, better steering control etc.

For the more advanced drivers on here i think this is a great video. Im not a fan of people just letting the steering wheel slide in their hand and letting the car do what it wants. Learn your car and your steering and if your going to ' throw ' the wheel learn when to catch it and the more you can keep your hands on the wheel. The better you will drive. Also keep your hands on the wheel. Once you make your gear selection bring your hands back the wheel.

I have lost count how many times i've seen this issue on the skidpad while instructing drivers. I see drivers with horrible driving positions and they keep 1 hand on the shifter. This is a very bad habit to have. And it is extemely hard to break. Use 2 hands people and properly adjust your seating position.

Also notice how he extends his slides with the ebrake. He only uses it to extend. Not to initiate. You might ask why he does that? My theory is initiating with ebrake not only slows you down, but almost always when you initiate with it you wait to set the angle, then bring the revs up and release the clutch, then bring your hands back to the wheel to continue your slide.

Why do all that work when you can initiate in other forms and be faster while minimizing the strain on your car?

So your basically having to loose entry speed, Push the clutch in and keep the revs up to keep the car in its power band, and take your hands off the wheel. Most drivers in sfl use their ebrake and throw themselves way off the line they were going for, while dropping their motor out of its power band. Not all but most. It just takes practice to get it right.

Everyone has a different style that suits them. Choose what works best for you on whatever track or road you encounter. The more techniques you practice the more versatile your driving will get.

I see too many people going to the skidpad and practicing the same stuff over and over. Switch it up a bit initiate by weight transfer, clutch kick, ebrake, every run switch it up. It will make you a way better driver in no time. trust me.

And last but not least, when you spin out stop. Let off the gas. Staying on the gas and doing donuts isn't going to get you anywhere. If you spin out just drive off the course. You'll have another run after that. Just have fun stop and try to notice where you messed up.

T

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom