Temp Gauge Still Reads Hot

WHEN EVER I START THE CAR WITH IN 5 SEC IT GO'S TO HOT

I HEARD YOU HAVE TO SWITCH THE ONE FROM THE KA TO SR

T DID BUT STILL DOESNT WORK :confused:

same shit happen with my rb the second i turn it on it goes to hot , actually on my s14 factory guage when the needle is on the H the rb is really running on its normal operating temp. I just stuck an aftermarket guage on there and the motor runs on 190F.

wtf, are you guys doing to your cars? check Coolant tempature SENDER, that sensor works off of resistance, if there is alot of corrosion on the connector clean/repalce the connector, if not your guage might need to be recalibrated, somehow someone messed with the needle before the engine was started.

check the voltage #'s that the KA sending unit sends out vs. the new motor. Sounds like it might read off different levels. for instance.. if your KA sending unit at normal operating temp sends a signal at .3 volts.... and the new one's sending unit at norm. temp. sends a signal at .9... it will read hot...

I know that I had a bad ground on my mustang and the static build up in the motor threw all my temp gauges off (read high) due to the extra voltage transferring through the coolant and thus to the sending units.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Are you using the American cluster? Use the ka coolant sensor. Buy a new one if the used one is not totally accurate, they aren't much money.

Humm, ive never tried connecting a scanner to a jdm engine. Maybe try switching up the Vin numbers to match a sentra of the same year engine you have. Then see if the ecu is reading the correct coolant temp.

DRIFTER s14 said:
Its An SE S14 Cluster US AND I HAVE THE KA SENSOR IN IT NOW

well is it hot? is the thermostat stuck? radiator clogged? coolant system bled properly? proper fan solution?

Just go aftermarket on the ka it was fine and now when it gets hot it go full hot but the temp is only at 180 not beating on it,it runs at like 155-160

Back
Top Bottom