tail light fuse keeps blowing

AKsamuraiS14

CHAM CHILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver
My tail lamp running lights fuse keeps blowing. every other light works on the car(turn signals, brake lights, head lights, high beams) except for the rear running tail lights. Now ive googled about this and a few people have had the same problem and along with the cluster dash light not working as well. Now my dash lights havent worked in like 2 years but my tail lights are something new, i dont know if the cluster/dash light would be the cause of this. i am horrible when it comes to wiring so i dont know where to start looking. ive de loomed all the wires in the trunk that lead to my tail lights and i got nothing. my question is, where can i start looking or what areas can i look that might be linked to my tail lights so i can find an open wire or a wire being grounded. please someone help, i want to drive my car at night but i cant without rear running lights.

thanks in advance guys!!

Shant

You most likely rubbed through your body harness that runs through your driver side wheel area.

This is an s13 but same thing.

IMG_1920.jpg

Is your harness relocated?

theres a lot in that circuit. cluster lights, those little corner lights, fogs. any of that wiring can be open wire and short. that happened to my old s13 a lot. it was one of the little corner light wiring exposed touching metal. check all of that.

I checked my body harness. The tire is no where near it. The harness is tucked all the way up. I guess I'll start checking all the little lights that I don't use on the car since they are all on the same circuit and that I did not know. I'll get to it today and see if I can find the problem.

Look up wiring diagram for it and start where power starts. Make sure you have power there and follow through the circuit

Check your bulbs and the connections. I had a bulb out causing my fuse to keep blowing out. Ask SR, he helped with a phone call.

also check the wires going to the license plate lights. on my buddy's old s14 the wires rubbed through at the gromet in the trunk and would short occasionally

hit up estie, when i had my s14, i had the same issue, and he fixed some connecter behind my brake pedal, not sure if this may be related

Heres a really dumb one remove the bulbs and see if it still has a short i have seen many wrong bulbs installed and caused a short. If not find someone with a short finder to locate it.

^^ ive removed the clips that plug into the tails and it still pops with the tails not connected.

Back
Top Bottom