supercharge

auroras13

this was copeyed and pasted from another forum

I thought the attached pictures might be of interest to many of you. They are of the Eaton supercharger (from a 3.3L V6 Nissan Xterra) that I mounted on my Frontier KA24DE engine with 240SX upper intake. Notice how well it fits in place of the original 240SX plenum. The blower case itself of the Eaton supercharger already has an internal plenum built into it, so all that is required to fit it up to the 240SX upper manifold is a ½†thick flat plate made of aluminum (If you look closely in the pictures I used a ½†sheet of oak plywood to make an initial pattern for fit up of the supercharger which I will then lay over the ½†aluminum plate in order to cut & drill it correctly). The blower case just clears the alternator by ¼†and on the other end just clears the starter by about ½â€, and then it just clears the smaller Frontier type oil filter by only 1/32†so it is a very tight installation but does work (I might change out to a remote oil filter arrangement in order to make it a little easier to change the oil filter when required). Note that I have replaced the original power steering pump V-belt type drive pulley with a 6 groove serpentine type as well as the adjustable tensioner idler pulley with a 6 groove type as well (the power steering pulley is from off a Nissan Altima, and the idler pulley is off an ’01 3.8L V6 Ford Aerostar of all things…both fit perfectly!). I had a custom crank dampener 6 groove drive pulley made that bolts in place of the original V-belt pulley for a Hardbody KA24E type dampener, so that is what I used on the DE engine (it turns out that it all fits on the DE crank perfectly and even weighs exactly the same as the Frontier’s one piece crank dampener…also, they are both neutral balanced so they are interchangeable). The only thing that I haven’t completed on the drive system is the two ¼†steel plate brackets to support two smooth idler pulleys (from a ’98 GM 3.8L V6) that are required to get the 6 groove serpentine drive belt to wrap around more of the circumference of the supercharger & crank pulleys for greater surface area contact so the belt won’t slip while driving the blower & power steering pump. I have the upper idler pulley support plate cut out to size but still have to drill the mounting holes (it will replace the original Frontier front brace plate). The lower idler pulley support plate will be a bit more difficult to make since it has to be made to also double for support of the alternator since there are no good bosses to support the idler pulley off of other than a few mounting bolt points on the timing cover and the alternator mount points (I have it all figured out on what to make, I just haven’t gotten to the point of actually making it…it just requires so damn much time to get it all figured out!!!)
More to come when I finish the remaining items!

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/11009100_0040-med.jpg

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/11009100_0044-med.jpg

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/11009100_0042-med.jpg

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/11009100_0041-med.jpg

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/11009100_0043-med.jpg

That wont fit in a S Chasis. No way. It still needs and Air intake and unless you plan on cutting into your strut tower to do so simply click the X in the upper Right croner.

you know...

you can use *gasp* other material besides 3'' round tubing to make an intake....

but i do agree that is not the correct blower for that application. ive considered workign with magnuson to make one, but theres no real market.

Besides trying to copy the speedlab supercharger, i do give u props for the belt setup.

And like u said i dont really see a big market for it.

mikespeed95 said:
but i do agree that is not the correct blower for that application.

+1

I am a firm beliver that a turbocharger is easier to get power out of in our applications, although one day I might make something bolt on to the a\c compressor bracket for the hell of it.

i said thats not the right BLOWER for that app. the supercharger setup is fine for a KA, but that is not the correct housing as far as the inlet is concearned imo.

ive toyed with the idea of a m112 on my ka many a time. now that im at XAT and with spare time i might actually move forward with it....mayyybe

Well i was gonna do ti...ready with the money in hand but speed lab has been very unreliable....I spoke with the main guy tjhere a few times and i kept on calling him agreeing on everything and him giving me high hopes. But come to it he was suppose to arrange a tow truck to come pick up my car but til this day I have not heard from him again and it's been over a month now......SPEED LAB SERVICE IS A+++++++

pumaking said:
a turbocharger will always out perform a supercharger and is more effecient as well.

thats great and all, but give me boost off idle with a turbo. ill take my throttle response and "inneficient" blower.

or put my ka-t car back together.

mikespeed95 said:
thats great and all, but give me boost off idle with a turbo. ill take my throttle response and "inneficient" blower.

I'll do you one better i'll give you boost while your idling and off the throttle, pretty much full boost regardless if your on or off the throttle its called ALS :bigthumbu works big wonders.

Last edited:
About the ALS, some of them put extra stress on manifolds, exhaust valves, egts ... not exactly for daily driving. superchargers can be made more efficient with some good porting ofcourse.

How is XAT? cool shop?

alemus3 said:
Well i was gonna do ti...ready with the money in hand but speed lab has been very unreliable....I spoke with the main guy tjhere a few times and i kept on calling him agreeing on everything and him giving me high hopes. But come to it he was suppose to arrange a tow truck to come pick up my car but til this day I have not heard from him again and it's been over a month now......SPEED LAB SERVICE IS A+++++++

I remember when you were goin to get it done, but at first you had to delay. I didn't know anything about the tow truck... but honestly we have to get some cars out of the shop before we except anything else( In my opinion ). This week sr20 should be out, KA24E should be out and a z should be getting worked on or KA24ZE should be done. Ill talk to mark if ur still interested?

pumaking said:
a turbocharger will always out perform a supercharger and is more effecient as well.

always remember to never say 2 words... always and never...... ;)

cool settup , i've been thinking of doing a centrifugal on my 4age(s) 87+ is designed for it and without the a/c compressor it might fit.... (more high rpm usability in a 4 cyl with supercharger response?......hhhmmm)

Last edited:
i dont see anything wrong with a s/c KA, i have been to speed lab and seen the dynos of their s/c KA. i believe it was their basic stg 1 deal. looked fun to me imagine almost 200 ft lbs of torque at around 2000 rpms.

no thanx, nunnok...i made up my mind...i will be blowing the motor hopefully soon and get me an sr......

the set up looks a little complicated but cool none the less good luck with it I hope it kicks ass :cool:

Last edited:
TurboDreams954 said:
i dont see anything wrong with a s/c KA, i have been to speed lab and seen the dynos of their s/c KA. i believe it was their basic stg 1 deal. looked fun to me imagine almost 200 ft lbs of torque at around 2000 rpms.

sure for daily driving, but your doing something wrong if you are on driving on a track at 2k rpm.

240SicknessX said:
sure for daily driving, but your doing something wrong if you are on driving on a track at 2k rpm.

rick i hate you! and i didnt mean it peaked there, it made 200 ft lbs and climbed up cant remember where it peaked at, but the power band looked fun for auto-x and maybe drifting, i prefer my turbo KA :bigthumbu , but maybe someone else might like it for such :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom