Subtle widebody.

Tonymac said:
Yes, engine problems are pretty regular when they have 130k+ miles and are then beaten on regularly. Not to mention, most 240s are older than e36's and most of their issues I see wind up being the result of ghetto rigged parts and tons of abuse (or accidents). I seem to recall more than a few BMW issues (all OEM engine, cooling, electrical, ect) during my Ter-Tech years.

Alright, so what are you trying to say? Brand new 240 to a Brand new e36? I dont get your point. Mines a 93 with over 100k miles.

You can't go by that. I had a 91 coupe (240sx) with 118k miles and it never had any mechanical problems. all 3 years ive owned it, it was amazing. A friend of mine has a bimmer like the one above me, and has about 96k miles and has problems nonstop.. \=

i dont get whats being discussed haha i just wanted to share [=

FlyinFINN said:
Alright, so what are you trying to say? Brand new 240 to a Brand new e36? I dont get your point. Mines a 93 with over 100k miles.

You say a 240's dog shit b/c of the few beaters you have experience with. Well then e36's must be petrified dino shit. :bigthumbu

if you meant to say "what makes OUR 240s dog shit?"
the answer is:
if you're talking about a 93 240, and by your sig image, it looks like your car falls into that category (or close to it), they are dog shit because they are an early 1990s transportation vehicle with, more than likely, over 100,000 miles on it.

do not get me wrong. i'm not ragging on you for owning a 240, as i own one myself. but realistically speaking, it's a 10-15 year old car. cars that old start becoming unreliable. there's a reason you can buy them for $1500-$3000 dollars nowadays you know.

i'm not pin pointing cases where what i said above doesn't apply.

i'm talking about when you generally speak about a car that falls into that age group.

i bought mine for 500. but that's one particular case only.
generally speaking, they will run $1500-$3000.

^ Good job, except were talking about Nissan 240s, not 15 year old Ferraris that have spent more time on display than being beaten on by kids like you.

You guys do an awesome job in picking up important points sometimes.

Tonymac said:
If age = dog shit, I guess those rich guys buying classics are dumb.
A 240 is not a classic, its a hunk of metal that people only buy now adays because its RWD. If it was FWD noone would look at them twice and you know its the truth, them being RWD is all theyre good for. I dont like them personally because of the way they handle and how almost everyone ive seen has engine problems (including the two I had) how, to make real reliable power, I need to buy another engine that costs more than the car or build the stock engine ,and How they look etc. Mostly just how they handle, just something about the feedback and the pressure to turn the wheel just doesnt feel good to me. This is my opinion, dont take everything I say seriously its just a car. lol I dont care if you dont like e36 or if you love them, its my car and mine alone just like if you have a 240 and love it good for you. And if I remember correctly, the E36 was rated one of the best handeling cars of all time and Car and Driver rated the E36 M3 "best handeling car ever".

Last edited:
^ I have a question. The owner of my company doesn't like BMWs because, he says, they tend to get very light in the front at higher speeds. He is European, and has driven many of them. He stears away from them, and tend to go more for Mercedes and Audis.

What is your experience with that? Did you have any issues as far as that's concerned?

ilida of cola said:
^ Good job, except were talking about Nissan 240s, not 15 year old Ferraris that have spent more time on display than being beaten on by kids like you.

You guys do an awesome job in picking up important points sometimes.

Good job too except that your original criteria for dog shit was age.

ilida of cola said:
anything that old is dog shit.

Thanks, drive through.

FlyinFINN said:
A 240 is not a classic, its a hunk of metal that people only buy now adays because its RWD.

Did I say a 240 was a classic? No, I didn't.

FlyinFINN said:
If it was FWD noone would look at them twice and you know its the truth, them being RWD is all theyre good for.

DUH. That and they're cheap, have a bad ass sus design, huge aftermarket, and loads of trims/options/ect.

FlyinFINN said:
I dont like them personally because of the way they handle and how almost everyone ive seen has engine problems (including the two I had) how, to make real reliable power, I need to buy another engine that costs more than the car or build the stock engine ,and How they look etc.

Same goes for your car except with a 240 you don't have to worry about your rlca's ending up in your trunk. :)

FlyinFINN said:
Mostly just how they handle, just something about the feedback and the pressure to turn the wheel just doesnt feel good to me.

Yes well you drove hunk of shit 240s and built them to half assed standards. What do you expect really?

FlyinFINN said:
This is my opinion, dont take everything I say seriously its just a car. lol I dont care if you dont like e36 or if you love them, its my car and mine alone just like if you have a 240 and love it good for you. And if I remember correctly, the E36 was rated one of the best handeling cars of all time and Car and Driver rated the E36 M3 "best handeling car ever".

Yes, it was. An e36 M3 that is. Did I ever say the e36 platform lacked capabilities, especially in the handling department? No, don't think so. Hey guess what? 240's rear suspension is exactly the same as a R34 GTR's and the front is the same as most BMW'w (yours included). Now, take a 240, slap on big grip tires and equivalently sporty sus as an M3's and I guarantee you it will hang in the twisties. Proof is in the FACT that a 240sx - a piece of old dog shit - just won STS class in SCCA auto x beating out plenty of m's along the way.

Last edited:
Tonymac said:
Good job too except that your original criteria for dog shit was age.
Thanks, drive through.

Actually, I believe I said:

the answer is:
if you're talking about a 93 240, and by your sig image, it looks like your car falls into that category (or close to it), they are dog shit because they are an early 1990s transportation vehicle with, more than likely, over 100,000 miles on it.

I also made sure to mention the reason for this is because of reliability issues. Shit starts going bad after constant use lasting 15 years.

When you GENERALLY talk about cars in a forum like this, and especially with kids in our generation, you're not exactly comparing Ferraris. You're talking about affordable cars likeNissans and Toyotas, which is exactly what I was referring to. But you must be so wealthy that you are only thinking about classics (and I'm assuming you're talking about prized classics). It's obvious you're picking my statement apart due to the fact that you don't have a very substantial argument here.

Whatever the case, I made to mention mileage. Now you're going to come back and pick that apart and say what about the classics that have 100k on them, right? Cause we all know there's like a million of those, right? Haha. Please. :rolleyes:

Tonymac said:
Proof is in the FACT that a 240sx - a piece of old dog shit...

I'm glad we finally agree. :bigthumbu haha

Last edited:
ilida of cola said:
Actually, I believe I said:

...far too much, not to mention exactly what I quoted. I'm not going to bother arguing with you because you're more annoying on a forum than in person. Never thought that was possible. Then again, I only had to listen to you once. :bigthumbu

Look, you can build any car to be good handeling with enough money. I DONT LIKE THEM and YOU DO. Done? My opinion is they arnt anything special and I never built a 240 to any standards so I dont know what the fuck your talking about.

Back
Top Bottom