Stripped out spark plugs HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL WITH THIS SHIT VERY SORRY finger tighten next time

and or if you striped it taking them off anti seize:bigthumbu

Last edited:
You should do a R&R of your rb20 head and post updates.. Then you'll kick yourself in the ass for not doing what you should have done in the first place.

you can just helicoil it....any machine shop will do it for like 20 bucks but you gotta take the head off....

Yeah that works, my friend some how blew a spark plug of the head while driving an tried to put it back but I was stripped. He did the helicoil at some shop an the didn't even need to pull the head off. Now the car is straight an he runs the hell outta it an its perfect no problems at all. That's deff ur fix right there.

if they didnt pull the head off it would have left tons of shavings in the cylinder. not a great idea.

Its a rb20
if you try to put spark plugs in and its stripped WHAT DO I DO?
need help
please thank you

I don't if this works but I know fords most commnly mustang blow spark plugs out the heads all the time and they use timeserts to fix it, in the car n all. just search for it or ask a ford mechanic about it.

re threading will be needed, in order to not have to order a separate spark plug each time, drilling and helicoiling it will be your best bet. or just re thread it and hope the spark plug holds on for dear life

-Ohmg, MT Performance

if they didnt pull the head off it would have left tons of shavings in the cylinder. not a great idea.
Yeah that is true but I'm not sure how they did it but they never had to remove the head? Maybe a vac or something? Idk

I don't if this works but I know fords most commnly mustang blow spark plugs out the heads all the time and they use timeserts to fix it, in the car n all. just search for it or ask a ford mechanic about it.

Funny thing when I said that my friends plug blew off his car, its cuz he drives a mustang. Lol. So yeah it is really common in mustangs. But try doing the helicoil thing it works.

uh... you can get inserts for the head. they are like new threads that you need to install.

can be done on car, shit aint cheap, and there isnt a guarantee that itll hold forever.

^yea i think thats what they've been talking about, timeserts and helicoils are both thread inserts that you have to drill and tap. though both claim that they restore thread strength 100%.

Back
Top Bottom