Stripped coilpack screw!!!

vbgambini

Im running into a problem of the stripped phillips screws on the coilpacks with my 1J when replacing my spark plugs. I changed 4 out of 6 plugs. Is there anyway I can get those little screws out? Where can I get replacement screws? Please help ASAP!!!

Screws are screws man, you can get them anywhere (Ace, HomeDepot, etc). Just get a tool that extracts broken screws or just drill and retap it one size bigger.

Lol go to home depot, lowes, or any autoparts place get a screw extractor once you get all of them out go to ace, or the toyota dealership and get the screws then after that assembly everything together and throw the motor out lol j.k

Goodluck

haha ok cool guys thanks. Ill try the screw extractor then find another screw like it. I dont think I want to re tap it due to the coil pack hole going to be a problem. Thanks guys.

this happened to me on my sr. put a rubber stopper in between the top of the coil pack and the bottom of the coil pack cover; that way when you screw down the cover, it puts pressure on the coil pack.

hope this helps

this happened to me on my sr. put a rubber stopper in between the top of the coil pack and the bottom of the coil pack cover; that way when you screw down the cover, it puts pressure on the coil pack.

hope this helps

What did you use to get the stripped screws off? The thing is the screw is not that long. Have any pics of what stoppers you used and how thick they were? Thanks.

I never took the screw off. I dont have a picture of it but it's common sense, find something thick and that doesn't melt with heat and simply put it between the coilpack cover and the coilpack. The purpose of the screw is to hold down the coil so simply use something to hold it down aka the coil pack cover and something in between

I got the rubber stopper thingy magiger from ace hardware.

_____________ <------ cover (bolted down obviously to cause pressure
8888888888888 <------ rubber (eraser or rubber stopper or w/e)
_____________ <------ coil pack (being pressed with rubber or w/e

Back
Top Bottom