stereo problem with windshield wipers

i just bought a xplod (sp?) and some rockford fostgates from a real good friend and he helped me install everything. he used to install radios at a local shop so i trusted his practice. but for some odd reason, the windshield wipers turn on randomly. he to has not seen such a thing. there is no pattern. sometimes fast sometimes half way sometimes they dont go off for about 2 mins. the only way to stop them is to turn the music off or detach the face plate. there was no head unit when i bought the car so there was no previous harness. the only wires we hooked up were:

-constant power
-left front speaker (- and +)
-right front (- and +)
-ground

could anyone help? i did research on how to do a stereo in my 240 but my wiring seemed to be different then the diagrams showed. plus my first notch on my windshield wiper (the one where you can regulate how often the windshield wiper turned on) didnt work until i hooked up the radio.

i have a '91 hatch with a black top sr if that helps any.

ughhh. electrical problems are the biggest pita. sounds like there's a short somewhere. but i wouldn't even know where to tell u to begin. maybe you should just re-wire the radio in a little more carefully and see what happens. best of luck.

Common 240sx problem....lmao usually my excuse. I have no idea what it could be. Try putting a seperate ground. I have a harness in my car and the ground sucked, i think radio wirering harnesses on the s13 suck, i had another buddy who had problems getting the radio to even work. I suggest just follow all the wiring see if it leads to n e thing, then check the wipers or something. Thats really ODD! lol

Could be where you got the ground. The description of what you got is weak. I'm guessing it is an Xplod HEadunit and RF Subs? Amp? EQ? XYZ?

its just very very basic. a head unit and two RF speakers with crossovers. i didnt have anything in the car to begin with so i put them in. ill try to use a different ground and see i can get the harness a little loose to see if i can find a short.

Back
Top Bottom