Steering angle mods....

Just curious to see what you all have done for angle mods and any pros or cons about your setup.

I'm not sure degree wise but I'm using kazama Outer tie rods with Tein inners with 6mm spacers and the bump stop on the knuckle shaved down. I was thinking about modded knuckles but idk if it's worth it.

I'll post a pick at full lock when I can. What are you all using?

I basically have the same setup as you now, but my last car had modded knuckles and I plan to get my knuckles done for this car.. like bill said, the difference. Is mind blowing.

Modded knuckles are a MUST!
These are my old spindles
303946_10150295676078863_161965408862_8019991_560848792_n.jpg

I just got some MA-Motorsports Awesometron 5000 spindles that are going on the new car. They get more angle than the spindles I currently have.

dont waste your time/money on any other bullshit steering crap. cut knuckles prolly will need longer tie rod ends.

i think SA motorsports modifies theres to like 58 mm leading. pbm has like 54 or something. idk if those are exact numbers but i know SA motorsports gets a little more and nate hamilton has them.

Tertech in lake worth modifies knuckles. Cheap and high quality. Sean love does also, his suspension tuning skills are amazing.

Here is the epic plan for someone who doesnt want to buy PBM stuff for 10000 dollars. GO with tein inners with SPL outters. Then have Ter Tech (Harri) mod your knuckles and your golden. I had Harri do mine and they came out awesome.

i have tein inner and outers with the spacer on there. SA motorsports wants 500 i think to modify the s13 knuckles and reinforce your control arm.

Wisefab

Here's a pic of the kit for a 240 that is made by the same company that made mine for my e30. I can vouch for the quality and fitment. There product is super strong and well engineered. The extra angle I get now is retarded and i haven't even been able to take full advantage fof it yet. Not sure if the kit is available for sale but you can mail him ardo@wisefab.com he answered all my questions before I bought mine. But be prepared it will be pricey

Attachments

• 20111112_145042.jpg
    20111112_145042.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 39
To get that much angle without binding you would for sure have to move the rack, and actually have a somewhat nice setup.

To get that much angle without binding you would for sure have to move the rack, and actually have a somewhat nice setup.
with out the kit yea, but with the kit no. I'm no where near binding at full lock.

Attachments

• WF 15.jpg
    WF 15.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 36
  • WF 1.jpg
    WF 1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 28
with out the kit yea, but with the kit no. I'm no where near binding at full lock.

binding is the worst for me when diving in from like 80mph+ into a 55-60mph turn. the load from the braking/nose dive plus the high angle locks that shit in and you cant do anything.

I need to get the race spacer bushings... never could find where to buy those from though... they move the rack forward just a little to help with over centering.

anyone know where to buy em?

Pbm also has a set of offset spacers coming out but they aren't given a date yet when I talked to them last month.

The best steering mod in my mind are Pbm new pro knuckles fix your steering geometry while getting 62 degrees of steering

Back
Top Bottom