Starting problems...

Umonkey2

Spectator
frustrated and at a loss.. I bought a new engine and tranny Ka24det (got to drive the car it was previously in to test it, Worked PERFECT) swapped everything over cranked her up and it started great! drove around the block for more testing called it a night... next day I came back it started rough and wanted to turn off, Giving it gas kept it on but very rough. I do smell gas...

I get codes 12, 21 , and 34 ( infamous Knock code and the maf I can unplug to see the car run still no luck...)

Ive checked for vacuum leaks and I changed the fuel filter.

I tested my brothers working Ignition coil in my car and it wouldnt turn over, it would just crank.. which is wierd.. im at a loss any help would be appreciated thanks joe (561) 880-1155

i had the maf unplugged, the car should atleast idle good without it ( I also tried a z32 maf and a q45 maf )

double checking them now.. havent checked the fuses yet.. guess ill have to do that shit.. I checked the relays and the ignition relay (first one on left in the left engine fuse box) and one of the gold connectors was significantly burned black while the others were gold new... Im gonna borrrow a friends today to see if that fixes it... fml

I had two days off, first day Got it running perfect. I noticed alittle bogging problems when I revved it, I assumed it was the maf so with it unplugged idling at a standstill ran perfect ( idle fuel pressure was 33-34 psi ) no shaking, real solid, turned her off and came back the next day...it was a different car litterally the next day it barely cranked over shaked hard and wanted to shut off...

I had put a new motor and tranny in, the timing has to be still good from literally the day before.. something to break overnight... would have to be something like fuel or sensor or fuse related???? idk... im stumped

Sounds electrical
Check ur grounds first
Check if ur getting fuel and spark
Also check if fuel pump is gettin 12v

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Sounds electrical
Check ur grounds first
Check if ur getting fuel and spark
Also check if fuel pump is gettin 12v

i checked everything just now fml.. Im gonna check the fuel pump voltage now and the grounds... now the car wont start at all.. it just cranks.. before it atleast ran like shit..

Check wht wire at dizzy for 12v
Also to coil
Have u tried starting fluid...
Also is the gas good in tank
If its am s13 gas does go bad

man did alot of troubleshooting big help from SR thx bro, now it runs great on idle but slow, delayed, hesitation while givin it gas. it also shuts off when I push it and let go off the gas... Im gonna empty the fuel tank and put 93 gas and get new injectors this week.. possibly 500, 550, or 740cc?

Its not tuned yet been doing my research and looking at my options on that looking for a dependable fun daily tune

Back
Top Bottom