starting issue

wierd... been doin this since I had the car... sometimes when I start the engine when I turn the key, it just makes a clicking noise... the engine doesnt even attempt to roll over... sometimes it never happens... and sometimes it will do it like 6 to 10 times before the bitch says rawrrrrr... any ideas?

does it click fast or like a slow click. fast clicking says solenoid is good. contacts in the starter may be dirty. a hammer and carb cleaner sprayed at into or on it might help. happened on my ka and dealt with it for a while, then i ended up replacing it. lmk if it helps or not

But it always starts eventually? If so, then that kinda rules out the battery. Starter may have dirty contacts as said above (which you could fix buy taking it out, taking it apart, and cleaning the brushes/contacts) or just maybe wore out brushes finally and you'll need a rebuild. Or, just pay like $10 at a junkyard for another. Sure all connections to and from starter are secure and clean?

Last edited:
haha ya im gonna check the inhibitor relay first... get a replacement at the junkyard? if still no luck im gonna try checkin the contacts.. if all else fails... ill get that flux capacitor to go bak in time and steal my car from the first owner! :D lol but yea... thx for the help guys

i had the same problem on my s13 the ignition wire from my switch had a split in the caseing and was grounding out on the frame. replaced the wire and never had the problem again.

My car did this when my optima was going out. Sometimes it would click, then start up. Sometimes just click. Dying batteries can do alot more than people think.

The interlock in the one next to the battery and the inhibitor relay is in a fuse box (fuse box at the bottom right of the picture). Below is a diagram picture of your starting/charging system

41949253.gif

Back
Top Bottom