sr20det oil requirements

i dont know what the manual of an sr20det says about the oil.. but i recomend some mobil 1 full synthetic oil is good. i use 15w-30 .. is more expensive but is the best. i recomend it.

nfs_emo_fag said:
be a man and run 20w50 like me and zack!

no^ that is way to thick to be running in an sr20det the tollerance and engine specs will not allow for thick oil like that to be run! 10w30 is factory spec! nothing eles!

ask estie!!!!!!!!!! they lock up lifters and motors fail!!!!!!! he swore by rotela 20w50 and now 10w30 is what he uses theres proof! if u know about engine specs and tolerance that info alone will provide u with enough information onto what oil is needed to run the motor and lubricate everything proply!!

10w30. If anyone cares to argue go look at the OEM clearances for a SR20 and holler back

thats if the motor is fresh..like factory clearances. most sr;s are not rebuilt, they are abused and worn in so why would you put water in? we are in SoFla. 10w30 is water.

when my motor crapped out, i did not have my magical rotella T. i had some 10w30. garbage.

if you really cared about your motor i would run something a bit thicker.

the royal purple turbo motor oil is 20w50. so fuck what you herd.

I LIVE BY MY Rotella T 15w40. best detergent package on the market. keeps my motor minty fresh.

or you can listen to dumbass people and run the 10 30. g/l with that shit. might as well run water.

drftnR14 said:
ask estie!!!!!!!!!! they lock up lifters and motors fail!!!!!!! he swore by rotela 20w50 and now 10w30 is what he uses theres proof! if u know about engine specs and tolerance that info alone will provide u with enough information onto what oil is needed to run the motor and lubricate everything proply!!

paul your a fucking retard. you dont know shit. i runs rotella T sucka.

get the fact straight.

also if you knew about motors you would know as time goes on tolerances get way loose. so you need thicker oil to fill the void. think before you talk ass.

Rotella T 15w40.

its a mans oil.

and the only proof you have there is that you dont know shit about shit. fag.

man nukka fuck u!!!!!!!!! like oem clear states 10w30 looks like u cant read bitch!!!! dont try to be some e-thug u aint!!!!!! and if u really want to make a problem with this then step to the crib and will settle this!!! its not my fault i put down what happened and i was right!! your shit aint golden brother!! like i put it, the invites there just show up, dont be an e-thug! show up!!!! :bigthumbu

10w30 factory spec!!!

or unless u wanna be a e-thug and run 15w40 or whatever other garabage!!

estie u dont know shit!--fag!!! :bigthumbu

I run Eneos 0W-50........ Man I must really not be doing something right considering my last SR only lasted 2 and half years........

there is no exact oil, everyone runs diffrent oils for all diffrent reasons some work others dont! but like me and zak say key word here...ready...here it comes...FACTORY states correct oil for SR20DET is 10w30. now I say fuck the oil weight lets aruge over complanys!! Ill start since i loved tobe called a retard and a fucking idiot Valvoline!!!!!!!!!!!

and to beat around the bush the question asked what oil does the service manual say to use!!!!! not what u use!!! but hey who cares!!!!

hey my last sr!!!!!!! what!!!!!! ok!!! i guess ill add you gold and im well.........sorry :(
i guess i fail.......... 10w30 factory spec

slide-ways-for-five-days said:
jajajajajajajaja. and for the record. my last motor shattered rings. not lifters. so ha. bitch.

you should get a larger intercooler on your car so the air temps stay down. possibly why the ring lands shatterd, little knock here and there. but if your on 10 or less, just run a filter out side the engine bay and it should be fine.

i have all the time/tools to do basically whatever i want yo know, its just that i have no money for materials/patience.

ive had a fmic for ever just needs to go in.

and yea they went at 10psi. now i just use 7 or 8. boost controller off.

Back
Top Bottom