sr20det nocking loud

Cordobes

Spectator
so..my sr20 redtop is nocking and the noise is comiing from the bottom..oil presure is good, and Starts right up and iddle good. but making noise..
if it was blown the engine wouldn't start?or if it has bad rod..the car shuts off..? mmm..
im hopping..is just rod bearings..what u guys recommend!!

same shit happened to me.. my car runs fine now.. after $1500 and a fully rebuilt head. I had like 4 jammed lifters, fucked up valve guides and i think 1 bent valve.

damn..taking out the valve cover..u can see if i have any bad valves..or something ? my camshaft looks good with no scratch..damn..i hope i dont have to spend that money!!

but he said the knock is comming form the bottom, not the top hence your lifters, but spun rod bearings are somewhat considered a blown motor aswell, its most likely a spun rod bearing...itll start an idle just as good as if it was new, maby even a hard start or no start at times, its gnna give out though ...so its rebuild time

so..if is a spun rod bearing..that may be broke something else..and i will have to replace more parts than just bearings!! ?

i wanted to have my car running next month..but..thinks looks like im gonna have to wait feeewww months. to spend $1.500 on the car..or more!

i have the last question..what i should do..
i thinking to replace just the rod bearings..if they bad..and see what's up..if dosn't fix with just the bearing..i will go rebuild..u guys what u think ? i should to that because is not that spencive and i some posibility on having it running again./...

Last edited:
damn..taking out the valve cover..u can see if i have any bad valves..or something ? my camshaft looks good with no scratch..damn..i hope i dont have to spend that money!!

solution: call jdm of miami and buy a new long block for around 600-800 dollars depending on what you want i.e red top or black top. Don't go trough the hassle of rebuilding your motor. Most people who build their motors end up messing them up even more becuase they did one tiny thing wrong during the build. That's just my 2 cents.

thats a good tip. i will be contacting moe soon.

solution: call jdm of miami and buy a new long block for around 600-800 dollars depending on what you want i.e red top or black top. Don't go trough the hassle of rebuilding your motor. Most people who build their motors end up messing them up even more becuase they did one tiny thing wrong during the build. That's just my 2 cents.

Moe no longer owns jdm of miami. It's Carlos. Go on their web site and get the number. The reason I suggest to get a long block is also because I've seen about 4 builds on this site, and about 2-3 months later I see the "my sr blew" thread on the technical section. Most recent one was this d00d who bought fuckedup180's built sr and a week later went BANG...

for me that the best motor.. i bought it fucked up like that..
but i had another one for 2 years..overheating like 4 times..raced lot of times.. now my friend has it with big t3t4 turbo..and that motor push strong.!

and if u build an sr dont use oem parts if u want to make power thats why my sr started to knock thats the engine from fuckedup180 so its nothing wrong whit rebulding them just need to know wtf you doing

Sr20's are wack they have problems all the time!! Sr's are known to spin bearing with oem or acl bearings! Theres a lil secret though!!

Back
Top Bottom