sr20 opinions . i need answers people. chime in please

KrustyCoupe

la tuya.
Driver
so ill be getitng a redtop sr.
now its going to be basic boltons.
fmic.dp.etc.
what is a good clutch to run. im a newb at this so dont flame. i am here to learn. mind you this will be a daily and occasionally drifted.
what oil do you guys recommend and spark plugs etc?
would the motor be fine with just the water pump and thermostat and vc gasket replaced. its going to be at stock boost.

if i have any more questions ill add.
thanks sfld.

6 puck unsprung lol :lawl:

i would use mobile 1 synthetic

and yes the car would be fine with water pump and thermostat and vc gasket replaced

<<sr20det, fmic, dp, boost controller ~ 235hp

i've had exedy hypersingle for 3 years now, i love it. its not a 'hard pedal feel' but grabs really well.
i also use mobil 1 10w30 - if you don't know the history of the motor, it might be best to put in fresh oil, run it for a week or so, and do an oil change/filter again.

id replace your fuel/air filters too.(duh)

Yea im going to replace the oil,tranny fluid,and all the other. But im looking into what clutches to run. I want something not outrageously priced but yet effective.

Mark run a exedy stage 2. For plugs they are ngkbkr7e. If the motor is out i highly suggest changing the exhaust manifold gasket. do that along with all the other maintenance items and you will be fine.

chill. lol.
so exhaust manifold is recommended.?
ill order one then.
i just want to get all the maintenance parts in a list so i can order them at once

If you're doing that, replace the turbo gasket as well. Both those fuckers blow and are a PITA to replace once the engine's in. For manifold gasket, get multi-layer s15 gasket. For the turbo gasket, just get any metal t2 gasket w/ a seal.

ACT 6puk sprung is the best for the $$$, exedy is awesome but its more $$$
valve cover gasket is easy to change so dont change it if it aint leaking, u can use any oil u want just make sure is not to thin, some of the old SR driver used to like to run synthetic cause some of the used motors from Japan came in the US with synthetic so they just use it so they dont run into any problems.
as far as plugs I use the V-power NGK's #7 box #4091, I got the best results from all the other I used.
SR20 run lean from the factory so find a way to run them a bit richer and dont forget to change the fuel pump.
rocker arm stoppers are good but if ur staying stock boost for a wile u wont need them.
if ur doing the dorifto then an aftermarket oil pan is a great add on.
I would replease the motor mounts to some aftermarket ones and rack n pinion bushings wile the motor is out, last but not least change to oil & water lines for the turbo to steal breaided ones now before the motor is in.
good luck!

just get a complete gasket kit..im sure some shop in miami sells it..it might be a little pricey but its the safe way to go this way when you get bored with this set-up(which you will) you are ready for whatever...i would also say to get a new water pump just to again be safe

and check out rps clutches.. there really good and at a resonable price.. good luck bro keep us posted!!

and listen to juan...hese really old so he knows;)

Back
Top Bottom