spun bearing in my new ca hatch, not sure what i wanna do...input?

jrsink

Banned
yesterday, i installed a freshly welded diff for the purpose of destroying everything in sight.
hit a couple local spots, about 3 min each within a 30 min timeframe, then got on the interstate and was losing crazy power, then car died. got it home, super low oil, car had plenty of oil in it when i went out that night, and i jsut had a new valve cover gasket put on cuz it was leaking bad b4. OIL PRESSURE GAUGE WAS NOT HOOKT UP.

anyways, motor still idles now, not well, starts to knock slightly around 2500-3k rpm.

last night was my first night sliding a turbo 40, ive slid na ka for over 3 years and loved it. always dreamed of slidind ka-t. but i didnt have the best experience. LOTS OF SPINNING OUT. i dont know if its because i simply havent driven a turbo car before, or the fact that the pulsar t28 had to sharp of a torque curve, or is it the fact that i had no powersteering. I DONT KNOW, but i considered myself a pretty good drifter before last night.
now i suck and i fuct up the motor. sick life : )

any advice would be greeatly appreciated.
my friend said he would redo the bearing for 300 labor. but im not sure if i want to rebuild this.
im thinking of putting it up for trade or sale or part out. not sure yet tho.

car has all this:
Specs:
1990 Nissan 240sx ($1300)
CA18DET 55k Miles [Motor was refreshed: new belts, gaskets, rebuilt alternator, water pump, etc] $1500
GTi-R T28 [Bought new from Garrett, has 8k Miles] ($800)
AUTHENTIC Nismo CA18DET Motor Mounts and Tranny Mounts ($260)
Megasquirt II V3.0 [Ford EDIS-4 Ignition] ($650)
Megaview II ($140)
PCV Exhaust Evacuation Kit with SS lines ($140)
SS Turbo Coolant Lines and Fittings ($130)
SS Turbo Oil Line and fittings ($35)
SSAC 3" Downpipe ($80)
SSAC 3" Full Catback ($200)
Aluminum 3" True COLD AIR INTAKE with KN Air Filter ($150)
Custom 2.5" Intercooler Piping ($110)
RPS Couplers and T-Bolts ($90)
31"x12"x3" Opening 2.5" ($160)
FORD 3.8 V6 Taurus Fan ($40)
Autometer Z-Series 52mm Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure ($110)
Odyssey PC680 Sealed Race Battery ($120)
Pioneer DEH-2900 ($130)
Alpine Type R 6.5" Round Front speakers ($160)
Alpine Type R 6"x9" Rear Speakers ($160)
DEI Viper 791XV Alarm [Stealth Install and Remote Start], Back up battery and siren ($600). 2 Kill Switches installed as well.
walboro fuel pump 100
aem wideband 275

and i just paid 900 bux to zfever to tune the whole thing. it was making 234 whp on 7 pounds amazing!

i have already sold the coilovers, but not sure what i want to do with the rest...ive got like 3000 plus into it right now

8134586240 call or text
im putting everything up for sale/trade/part out today
l_264edef9e0d847a2a3bfabf382cf7a61.jpg

l_324b1aa06cf245268fe6d5f5ffba870a.jpg

l_f962cf5469fa4defabf6402826a7cd09.jpg

Last edited:
Dude its not rocket science pull the motor out remove the crank take it to the machine shop machine the crank get new bearings and call it a day.. I dunno why ppl cry so much over simple shit..

dude just rebuild it and is that my old car??!?!?!

hahaha
nah, not sure where your hatch went that justin bought. i got this one from someone in boca last month.

when i was sliding it yesterday, i wasnt really feelin the torque curve (not very smooth, after 5k it was like whoooooooooosh to 8200) of the t28, it was very hard for me to slide it properly under conrtrol. do i just need practice? or smaller turbo or...what.
ive never slid a turbo car before, but evryone wsas tellin me that my tubo was a little laggy and big for a 1.8. this turbo shits all new to me

Dude its not rocket science pull the motor out remove the crank take it to the machine shop machine the crank get new bearings and call it a day.. I dunno why ppl cry so much over simple shit..
i just dont know if i like the car that much really. i ve never slid turbo cars before, but my first experience want a good one. i was very pist that i couldnt control it, and double pist when it died.
idk i miss my fuckin vert

Last edited:
so its a lil laggy. keep it in the power band to slide it. it should help from what ive heard. 234 rwhp on 7 psi. Thats a bit insane. Did u have a wideband hooked up if so, what were the afr's?

this is a great oppurtunity for someone to get a whole lotta shit for cheap and put a little $ into it, fix it, and have a badass little 240. my loss can be your gain i really don't have or want to put any more money into this car.with a new block/and or new bearings and a boost controller, this setup will see 300 whp.

truthfully, i only bought this car a month ago to try to trade it to my friend jordan for my old vert back. i never wanted a ca powered car or a hatch. i really wanted my old car back

Last edited:
you kinda dont make sense i have never seen you post before and it be so hard to read. anyways, just rebuild the thing for the 300 and keep it, sounds like its a good set up just you sun a crank bearing. As for your drifting skills, were you perfect/good w/e when you first started to drift your other car, these things take practice you cant get into a car thats making 100+hp then your last car and expect to be as perfect.

so its a lil laggy. keep it in the power band to slide it. it should help from what ive heard. 234 rwhp on 7 psi. Thats a bit insane. Did u have a wideband hooked up if so, what were the afr's?
t28 has a seriously fuckin sharp torque curve tho, and yes i do have a wideband, afr are like around 12.1 usaully, martin tuned it a zfever

Keep it CA's are really good engines. and if thats the factory turbo change it out for a SR20DET turbo you're turbo is slightly smaller compared to the SR's

what i would recommend though is a full rebuild on it. it's like 20 - 18 years old, it's been sitting in a garage most of it's life, and only recently did it come back out into the open road. rebuild!

or like some told me you can go KA and sink 1,300 + into it to convert to turbo.

If you don't want the engine though I'll be more then happy to take the CA home :D

im prob just gonna sit on it for a few weeks and rebuild it, i had the pulsar turbo but im gonna get a t25 and rock out with the boost turned up, should have better response. vmount intercooler ewould help too. im fucking trying to get back in the scene but i keep blowin everythimng up lol

just take it one step at a time. itll be fine.

better a ka turbo than a rotary, ask me how i kno. rebuild intervals for those are like timing belt intervals.

Last edited:
actually it was 223 whp with t28 pulsar turbo full exhasut walboro fmic megasquirt tune.wideband. 8 pounds of boost.
heres the dyno
l_e60253a570ee45acb5420d9f9cf15fbb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom