spring rate advice

right now my coils are 7/6. i havent messed too much with them since i did the 1jz swap but its a totally diff experiance w the extra weight up front. transitions are more violent etc .... im trying to figure out what all the i6 guys are doing and what their thoughts are. id hate to buy a bunch of coils and waste time and money figuring out a good combo when i can get a basic idea from u guys. thnx

He has a 1JZ S13 Hatch.

Is it an awesome violent or uncontrollable violent? I didn't feel any negative handling after swapping the 1J into my Z32.

how are your sway bar bushings? if they are shot the car will react in that manner.. i fought for a bit until i replaced mine.

ya, my bad.... as nismo stated, s13 w 1jz. ksport pro coils. its a violent/uncontrollable transition. i dont think its a sway bar because ive drove without it before and it just had a "lazy" transition. but this transition is totally different. i guess it could also be because im making real power now and going alot faster with alot more tire in the back. ive really only done a couple shakedowns and a few laps around desoto. ive got crappy cell phone videos if i can figure out how to pull em off fb.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

im on 7/6 right now. and everything is pillowball

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

the only thing i can think of other than the swap itself is the weight i took out and rigidity of the cage. cut it out to build to spec but havent had the time

Play with tire pressure. More tire pressure in the rear will cause it to feel less violent. Also, take a look at your suspension geometry. Over lowering your car will increase bump steer and the changes in weight transfer can make it uncontrollable when it wants to change toe out of no where.

ya, my bad.... as nismo stated, s13 w 1jz. ksport pro coils. its a violent/uncontrollable transition. i dont think its a sway bar because ive drove without it before and it just had a "lazy" transition. but this transition is totally different. i guess it could also be because im making real power now and going alot faster with alot more tire in the back. ive really only done a couple shakedowns and a few laps around desoto. ive got crappy cell phone videos if i can figure out how to pull em off fb.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

im on 7/6 right now. and everything is pillowball

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

the only thing i can think of other than the swap itself is the weight i took out and rigidity of the cage. cut it out to build to spec but havent had the time

A quick adjustment on the dampening should do the trick, however, given the fact that you have ksports, that probably won't help much at all. The problem with them is their poor valving so the adjustment knob is essentially there for show and tell. Invest in a nice swaybar like white line to hold you off until you can purchase a better set of coilovers.

ive been on these coils for aloooooooong time. im way too comfortable on em to swap em now.... maybe when they start leaking but til then lol. ill play w diff sway bars and tp til i figure something out

i did 2j swap and i need a sikky front sway bar but i have fortune auto 7k/6k. i do notice it will straighten up way faster if im not gasing it but idk ive only drifted pbir once with it so far.

I think 8/6 or 7/5 would be better than 7/6. Especially with the extra weight up front.

thats what im trying to get at. i remember u saying stuff about that so im trying to feel out what others are running and how they feel about it

Back
Top Bottom