Sport Max Wheels? Worth it?

rollordie

Brand: SPORT MAX Racing 962
Finish: Bronze With Machine Lip.
Size: 2 Rims 17X7 23.5 lbs each offset is +38
Size: 2 Rims 17X9 25.2 lbs each offset is +35
Bolt Pattern: 4X100 and 4X114.3 (4.5")

I know there heavy as shit...but besides that......They dont look half bad for a Staggered Wheel and the price isnt bad at all.

I know Ive seen them on a couple s13 and s14 here in south Florida.....Is there anything I should know about this wheels before I buy them?

Thumbs down.... everyone knows my position on these wheels, I think they are gay. They are an easy way for me to spot n00bs.

if youg et them DONT be a pussy and get 17x9 all around they sell them on ebay a set of 4 17x9.....+35 offset wont fit in the front get 15mm spacers in teh front and +20mm spacer in the rear and your set....17x7F and 17x9R just looks like crap anything smaller then 8inched wide on a S13 IMO looks like shit....

me im buying these in silver 2nd friday of march:) 501 you cant beat the price, offset and weight of these wheels at 16.5lbs each, on ebay they sell 16x8 +0 offset 002s wheels also, i just wish someone would make 16x9, 9.5 and 10 wide wheels but w/e i have got the offset perfect where i can run 16x9.5 on stock shocks and 16x10 with meganracing coilover and lower front mounts....
http://www.bbist.com/sportmax_wheels.htm

im rockin the 17x7 front 17x9 in the rear and sorry we all cant afford "real" wheels.....but i liked the wheels and thats what i got ....d00d its your money and you spend it anyway YOU wanna cuz u worked for it

^all im saying is the price for the pair of 17x7s and 17x9s is about the same price as the full set of 17x9s if not the same price.....your set-up is for like MR RR cars.... not to mention the wheels lip its HUGE in the rear and extremly small in the front just looks weird to me. offet number really arnt hard at all all your doing is adding and subtracting numbers....and i think people get scared to see 17x9 up front cause they think they wont be able to make them fit so they get really small width front wheels....

Last edited:
dan said:
ima be rockin 17x9 front n 17x10.5 with 22 f offset and 24 r offset and they only 510 shippped suckas

my perfect set-up is 9.5 wide all 4 corners STOCK shocks +21 offset F and +16 R., now meganracing selles a lower shock mount for there coilovers that moves it back like 30MM which is over an inch problem is how much inset of the wheel can you go along witht he tire size can you run without hitting the TCrod at full lock, right now im running 16x8 +38 offset yes it SUCKS but dotn want to spend money on spacers cause i want new wheels anyways, but im running 2.5degrees of camber and 205/50/16 tiree they BEARLY clear the struts, so 9wide +25 offset IMO is perfect for 16s on S13s, which is the same as 7wide +0 offset towards the fender differeant is its 2inches farther in....

dan said:
ima be rockin 17x9 front n 17x10.5 with 22 f offset and 24 r offset and they only 510 shippped suckas

Im not doing the fabrication part of the over fender installation to fit those.

If you waited 3-4 months to have the money for those wheels, just wait another few months until you find something else when you have a little more money. Keep your wheel money in your room separate from your bank account. Contribute 50 dollars a week, at a steady pace and you will have it soon enough. I do this for purchases over 1000 dollars. Since you have been living off the money in your bank account and not the wheel money in your room, once you have acquired enough money to purchase the wheels and tires you want it will be like Christmas.

S13 Slide said:
my perfect set-up is 9.5 wide all 4 corners STOCK shocks +21 offset F and +16 R., now meganracing selles a lower shock mount for there coilovers that moves it back like 30MM which is over an inch problem is how much inset of the wheel can you go along witht he tire size can you run without hitting the TCrod at full lock, right now im running 16x8 +38 offset yes it SUCKS but dotn want to spend money on spacers cause i want new wheels anyways, but im running 2.5degrees of camber and 205/50/16 tiree they BEARLY clear the struts, so 9wide +25 offset IMO is perfect for 16s on S13s, which is the same as 7wide +0 offset towards the fender differeant is its 2inches farther in....

wait what? move the upper shock mount inboard 1inch? explain because that dose not sound logical at all for front suspension geometry or fitting shitty wheels up front.

if you like 'em then w/e... they are fine for drifting but alot of ppl run them b/c of price.

tho i was in the same position a couple months ago, i manned up and bought some nicer rims. they cost me like $300 more but i couldnt be happier that i havent seen anyone else running them as of yet, not to mention they are forged, so theyre strong and light as hell. i like that ppl are like, 'oh, what are those rims?' rather than, 'oh, those rims'.

do whatever, any rims look good when your sliding so who gives a f*ck really.

240SicknessX said:
wait what? move the upper shock mount inboard 1inch? explain because that dose not sound logical at all for front suspension geometry or fitting shitty wheels up front.

go to the meganracing suspension for S13s you will see the lower coilover front strut mount that moves it 25MM farther in from the original location of the meganracing coilover.

http://www.tougefactory.com/main.htm

they suck. They were on my old fastback when I got it and I still have em on my coupe. The first thing Im gonna do when I get money is get new wheels. Mine are about a year old and look HORRIBLE. The clear coat is coming off of them and they just look gross.Dont waste your money on these wheels, you'll regret it in the long run.

my240005.jpg

Get them... People that don't know about sportmax always ask about price, brand and compliment the rims big time. They are great and look good IMO.

what other mods do you have done to your car? wheels should be the last thing you are worrying about.

go 5lug and have a real selection. sportmax is cool if you drive a FWD and like 44 offset heavy wheels. or get those 15x8 or 16x8 w.e they are.. they dont look as cool but atleast they sit somewhat decent and are much lighter

plus sport maxes are whored out. Not only will you be driving a whored out car, it will have whored out wheels. I would forsure say five lug and some other wheels.

BUT,the +35 offset 17x7 and 17x9's fit an s13 PERFECT.

Back
Top Bottom