Spacer Issue

Emeru

Driver
So i recently bought some new wheels for my 89 hatch and the fronts fit perfect, just gotta drop a tire size, But my question is for the back what is the biggest spacer i can throw on before needing to put extended studs, And i know after 15mm they come with their own studs but i think a 15mm will be too much.

you can buy bolt on spacers up to, like two inches (50mm approx.) when you run bolt on spacers you increase mass because you have two sets of lugs and lugnuts, if you run slip ons, anything more than like five or seven you should use extended studs.

thanks that's what i was hoping, i plan to throw a 5 on the back see if that does the trick.

spacers

If u your looking for a cool set of spacers or a place with a variety of sizes, I like poweredbymax.com. Just my 2cents.

i wouldnt feel safe with anything more then 5mill but i belive 8 is the absolute most you can run without extended studs.

i went 170 with my ichibav2 20 mm spacers on. why wouldn't you feel safe???
i must add i even shave a good 7to 8 mm off the threads of my stock hubs as they protruded past the spacer which has it's own threads, and my shit drives fine.

I acutally just got some spacers for my new wheels coming in. i got some m2tuning.com ones. I orginally ordered Powered By Max but they contacted me and they are 'out of stock' of the size i wanted and wouldnt have more until end of april AND they were 50% more cost because it was going to be a new design.

M2tuning.com has more sizes, and sells hub rings seperate if you want it to hug the hub. I talked with the guy and he was telling me some pro teams that use their spacers, and have used the 50mm bolt ons without the hub rings and it was just fine.

If you go slip on and want longer studs, i believe the nissan quest studs should be the SAME thread, thickness, and lug fitment but are 15mm longer, and still cheap. theoretically, you could run up to a 15mm slip on and have no change in threads locking the lug on.

Back
Top Bottom