some werid issue

silvia919

some werid issue ::UPDATE::

i dunno wtf is goin on!!!..well i had to change my distributor so when i put it in.. and turned on the car it just turned on for couple of seconds and then shut off.. tried turnin it back on again and nuttin so me and my friend checked if it was gettin spark and no so we checked the coil and no spark at the coil put in a new coil and same shyt no spark at the coil... ummm what can it be? im kinda stump'd here my friend said to check the grounds... or it could be the ecu.. i dunno any suggestions ppl.. btw its a 89 single cam coupe

Last edited:
how do you know you put the distributor in correctly. take the distributor out, turn the crank (23 socket) clockwise. theres 5 notches/slits on the crank. and theres dial pin. its looks like a pen tip. set it to the second to last slit on the crank, and the distributor contact has to be at position 4 which is bottom right, BAM timing done

how do you know you put the distributor in correctly. take the distributor out, turn the crank (23 socket) clockwise. theres 5 notches/slits on the crank. and theres dial pin. its looks like a pen tip. set it to the second to last slit on the crank, and the distributor contact has to be at position 4 which is bottom right, BAM timing done

and make sure its a compression stroke:bigthumbu

of course i did that but still nuttin... i put in a new coil pack nuttin... no spark.. it gets power to the wire connecter to the coil but not the coil itself so i exchanged the distributor to get another new 1 and then my friend suggested gettin a new ignitor so which i got that so im just waiting til monday where car is parked to keep working on it... you guys think that will work? need some feedback guys

well tell us if that works and we'll give you some feedback, and retrace all the wires and make sure everything is wired correctly and you didnt miss connecting a ground

ummm, the crank shaft should be positioned with cylinder number 1 at top dead center on the compression stroke. You can be at top dead center on the exhaust phase and the ignition timing be 180 off. The thread starters car actually fires a few times so I would lead to believe the distributor is a tooth off. I would try moving the distributor a tooth counter clock wise.

it doesnt matter if its installed correctly even if the distributor was out and conected if you spin it it will send the signal for spark if your not getting spark its something else could be the module distibutor coul ecu certain grounds check everything.........

regardless of wrong timing it should still spark, it sounds like a loose or disconnected ground

Update!!!

ok an update.. i put in the distributor with a new rotor and the igniter and nothing sameee shyt... no spark... so im stumped.. i dunno what else to try...what i dont get it was running before.. and now it doesnt wanna start WTF!!!! need some input guys... on how can i narrow this down...

this happened to me once, it turned out to be the ground wire that connects to the valve cover.... i changed half of the engine in parts and sensors, freaking wire was giving me bad ground.

i forgot to update... lolz it was a faulty piece of shyt rebuilt distributor from advance auto parts... ended up buyin a brand new one from nissan and popped it in and it's alive now its running hard and quite as hell

Back
Top Bottom