So MMP drift event a possibility

you jackass you dunno wtf you are talking about ahahahahahahhahahahahhaha what a n00b..

yea, seriously, call Help Me Howard and tell him no one will rent us a cart track and we are stuck on ovals.. im serious

POLE-POSITION said:
well if that is true i say that we should have a street drifting killing spree.....just like tokyo drift....and my name is Josh and i came up with this idea so blame me when it happens.
Don't say nobody warned ya!

oh man you guys take **** to serious... he is just trying to get the right people to talk to us no more no less. you guys are acting like this is such a problem... i say we support our federally drift brother... all he did was bring the idea to the track owner. the owner makes the choice, we pay the track owner and thats it and we drift! (well those who can drift at least) there is nothing more too it...

Why are some people acting like asses about this? Out of all the talk about trying to bring drifting to SFL, and someone is actually trying to do something about it, and people start bringing crap up. If you want drifting in SFL, this is it, and take it. Don't be bringing up insurance policy issues, and BS here. Someone is doing something about it, and if you don't like the way he plays the game, don't play it. I support Josh 100%, even if I don't qualify to make this event.

I fully support Drifting in South Florida. If you knew what I have done to start it up here then you wouldn't question my agenda.
But to say that insurance issues are just BS is not having a full grasp of reality.

Josh, slick im here 2 help. Ive helped run alot of events in the past, ter tech, Dg trials, etc etc. I have cones, radios, flags, everything we need to do this right. Contact me if you wish.

If im in FL when this event goes down im in, make sure you post the date for it, really early. Maybe I can write it off on the bussiness.

i will help too, i helped at some of the DDays. You do need to take insurance in consideration, Insurance and safety for drivers, espectators, and the venue itself. those things have to be taken serious. No person in their right mind will let you hold an event w/o insurance(one of the reason cops kick you out of parking lots at night). if you guys want to get something going offer to hold a no-espectator event, doing so will take espectator out of the equation and less things to think about. Allow only two people per car including driver. Later on after you demostrate that you could hold good safe events, that you could keep the venue clean, that you care about the drivers and you are open to driver and venue owner input. Then you go ahead and take the chance on an all out drift events, you start small to make it big. Plus most of us dont care if there is some people there watching us as long as we are getting good safe seat time. my .02 cents.

I'll leave the organization and insurance to the organizers. If the event happens I'll go...the track looks really slow so tires shouldn't be an issue which is a plus (b/c I can't transport a damn thing) but those drops off the edges look taylor made to crack tie rods.

I have to say I agree with dan though...use the runway for gymkhana (which is NOT a japanese auto-x) maybe on another day or the day after if you can.

Last edited:
dori dori said:
I have to say I agree with dan though...use the runway for gymkhana (which is NOT a japanese auto-x) maybe on another day or the day after if you can.

Yea, I would like to know why people thinks it's autocross. I know this is way off topic, but for those who don't know, gymkhana is sort of like like autocross, only, there is actually useful drifting involved (When I say useful, I mean to get a better time, not that drifting is crap). You guys should buy Drift Society (the first one, the second one is not that good). They explain what gymkhana is. If anything, I would love to see that runway for gymkhana. The noobs (eg. - me) can use it to learn car control for drifting on the drift course. I think everyone can benefit from it.

ooook, so whats the dealio? is this going down or what? i wanna drift a non-oval.

i can for sure make either date, as long as its set. i'm kinda lost on whether anyone needs to be 'invited' still or what but... in either case

i dunno how many know me on this board but I think i would qualify... the only video i have is at OSW but here is the link,
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40069295

please let me know the date as I need to arrange a trailer and truck to transport the car, it is a track only drifter.
i have references if u really need -.-

WOW 1st gear drifting im there!!!!!!
When are you tools going to figure out drifting dosent start untill your in therd gear 1st and 2nd gear is not drifting its fishtailing.My grandmother could drift that track.

dan said:
lol i think he meant walls and grassy infields :confused:

Still waiting to actually see you drive MR. "all Talk and No action".....................

How long does it take you to build a car???

I think my grandma could have been done by now..............

DrumFunKen said:
Still waiting to actually see you drive MR. "all Talk and No action".....................

How long does it take you to build a car???

I think my grandma could have been done by now..............

i already built it and parted it out :bigthumbu

dan said:
i already built it and parted it out :bigthumbu

well that was dumb of you..........

build another f******** car, then drive the car some, then come talk **** to me.

dan said:
I made money so it's alright.. it keeps me out of tickets and debt from ticket clinics so I'm good :)

You are like a fat kid in Gym Class...........

Always Full of excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom