So MMP drift event a possibility

HellaCaliJosh

is hungry
Driver
i went to the track today and very, very technical.......you would have to qualify off track to get my approval. its still a 50/50 chance that we will be having events there. please if you have experience and are willing to drive to immokolee please tell me. not sure how much it will be and how many hours you will get. spectators will have to pay. Rick and I met with the owner today and so far so good. 1 turn has a fence around it so i can't have people trying to learn on this track sorry. Rick should be posting some pics of the track later.

so, if we dont qualify we have wasted a trip.......... that ****ing sucks. Especially for Zach and I

Why don't you have people not drift around the fenced corner? I mean, that is kinda messed up that the not so experienced people can't attend. I mean, I am not too great at it at all. I'm alright in the rain, and in the dry, I usually don't push it hard enough, or I push it too hard. So I guess I can't qualify. I just think you should have a beginner course, and an advanced course. It's my suggestion, and you don't have to take it if you don't like it. I just think it's a little more fair for everyone.

qualifying off track doesnt have to mean doing it at this event it can mean alot of things......post some videos go street drifting with me.... something to show you have car control.......this track has a better layout then the Florida sports park track but some turns are tighter then the turns there....
some of you have complained about see tracks that i have posted before saying too narrow....well this track is too narrow for most of the people on this forum from what ive seen....

I'd like to come if I can get the s12 ready for it and if I have time and money and blah blah the stars align blah etc

Piner said:
I'd like to come if I can get the s12 ready for it and if I have time and money and blah blah the stars align blah etc

lol. The moon has to be full the day of.

if anybody wants to fully support Drifting in SWFL then please come to these events and bring as much people as you can...even if you are not driving. but lets see if the events are going to happen first.

We have alot of different layouts of where the drivers can be staged, where spectators can watch from. I am sure that we will have to bring leaf blowers and brooms to clean the track. We will have to fill the edge of the track where i will dip a rear tire and where front tires hit the dirt. I am very excited as far as finding this and not getting a definitive NO from the owner. Josh and I will continue to speak with the owner about how often we will be able to use the track. Cost and the number of people and how long the track will be avalible per day.

Josh is a dummy with cameras, deleting professional video footage and not capturing all the pictures that I wanted to. I am missing 3 pictures that would accuratly give you a reference to see how wide the track is. Here is what was left on my camera.

immokelytrackresized.jpg

immokelytrackresized003.jpg

immokelytrackresized004.jpg

immokelytrackresized01.jpg

This is only the north section of the track that was in the picture before: I dont know if we tried to take any pictures of the southern portion or not, whether they wernt captured or not. The turns that are pictured are the most trivial corners in terms of width for a car to drift on.

There is a fence where it looks like where karts are staged near the start line, The fence seperates the track from the more narrow pit lane.

Ideas were thrown around of using the open end of the 1\8th mile track w\ cones as a faster portion. Pending...

Note the fence on the right side of the arial shot, its a chain linked fence that seperates the 1\8th mile and kart track from the air port run ways.

newtrack.gif

This track dosent have any dangers for totaling your car, on the other hand your car can total the track. Its a very narrow track (about 20ft wide on the average). If drivers consistantly go off the track and dig the edges of the pavement up we will damage the track and the kart people who run the track now will ban us. The reason why Josh said that there will be quailifying to be elgiable to drive on the track is to preserve the track, we dont need people who are going to understeer before the apex then spin out into the dirt on the next corner. I know myself will be doing alot of clean up after we use the track and excessive amounts of 4x4 action will not be allowed. No dipping tires and please do not try to drive outside your limits just because there isnt a wall on the outside of the course.

Ill answer any addition questions to the best of my ability, Thanks.

MMP drift has researched and has chosen a prequalified list of drivers of this forum.

Pole Postition - Josh
240SicknessX- Rick
Dan - Dan
Xero240- Juan
M4nfred - Manny
TheBurntdrifter- Greg
Kleen555- Kyle
ienjoydrifting - Chelsea
One80essex - Phil
Rwdrift- Erick
dori dori - Anthony
DrumFunKen -
HatchiBill - Bill
s13 slide - Anthony
silviadrifterx-Jorge

if you want your name on the list please send video of you drifting(ovals don't count- pics don't count) don't get yourself arested to make a video either. or maybe come out with me sliding..i have some spots that are still police free.

this list was not made by me so don't bittch at me for making it.

MAJORMOTIONPICTURES@YAHOO.COM

jdm ae86t said:
Why don't you have people not drift around the fenced corner? I mean, that is kinda messed up that the not so experienced people can't attend. I mean, I am not too great at it at all. I'm alright in the rain, and in the dry, I usually don't push it hard enough, or I push it too hard. So I guess I can't qualify. I just think you should have a beginner course, and an advanced course. It's my suggestion, and you don't have to take it if you don't like it. I just think it's a little more fair for everyone.
there is no room for a beginner course right now....who knows what will happen in the future. Rick has explained very well why there can't be people looking to learn how to drift on this track.

hmmm.....pretty all star cast.

What about the rest of the surface *the lighter non track part* what will that be used for? Im pretty sure you could set something up for the people you dont trust.

Seems fair. Sorry for the trouble. From the way the track looks, it seems like a lot of first gear (I have a low powered corolla, first gear is a must on tight corners).

second gear all the way around....except a sliding downshift to first...to an ebrake to then power out and upshift....not very easy stuff. very very tight around that turn. just look at the pic.

green is for the fence very close to the track. the two turns i think would make a better layout. plus one would be to the left one would be to the right.

Attachments

• newtrack.gif
    newtrack.gif
    185.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Yeah I'll admit that I wouldn't be ready to do something like that until I get to know the new car alittle more and get it more sorted. so yeah i won't even try to quilfy for a while

Back
Top Bottom