so it seems the laws of physics no longer apply in Japan

kwkouki

YOUS TROLLIN!
Driver
O_O;;;;;;;;;;; so good it needed its own thread

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_001.jpg

pay attention to this shit it is rediculous

NoriYaro said:
They way they work is by massively shortening the steering arm of the knuckle, which along with allowing the tie-rod to pull the 16×8-inch 205-tyred wheels much further around into the wheel well, alters the steering’s Ackermann geometry which allows the car to roll through the corner with less drag.

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_003.jpg

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_004.jpg

NoriYaro said:
The lower arm is from Ikeya Formula, with the steering stoppers removed. The tie rod is also Ikeya Formula, with 6.5mm rack spacers. This, combined with setting the rear tyres at a low 26psi to stop the car spinning out, allows Takurou to flick the 180SX out as hard as possible, with as much angle as possible, and hold the accelerator flat through the corner.

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_005.jpg

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_006.jpg

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_008.jpg

I love how he just cut out the metal and didnt tube the wheel well....just cut it and took it to the track :laugh: god I love Japan

takurou_watanabe_knuckles_007.jpg

Sean Love was talking about this like 100 years ago. Literally at least 4 or 5 years. And idk who made it, but Harri has had a jig for like 2 years now to do this. 1st car was Tim's iirc.

Sean Love was talking about this like 100 years ago. Literally at least 4 or 5 years. And idk who made it, but Harri has had a jig for like 2 years now to do this. 1st car was Tim's iirc.

i too has on my s14.

knuckle mod had been around, but not this extreme....hence why I posted. Makes 3up look like stock specs

basically Sean has done this to his bimmer's spindles but problem is his car doesnt have enough clearance in the wheel well to use all of it. still working on that part, might be BFH time

Back
Top Bottom