so im thinkin

NAKED MIKE

Spectator
bout being a firefighter.

get my emt-b certfication than off to fire academy

wat yall think? anyone in the field?relatives?opinions?tips?

have fun waiting on the list lol....but yeah its a great job almost my whole family is in it.....

i was planning on after getting my fire academy cert. and my basic emt cert. to just start rackin up on certifications there a bunch of em the more u have the more u get paid and the more advantages on getting hired i presume

yeah starting off its like high 40k a year

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos158.htm

its a great job iam either going to do that or join the coast guard

i was planning on after getting my fire academy cert. and my basic emt cert. to just start rackin up on certifications there a bunch of em the more u have the more u get paid and the more advantages on getting hired i presume

true the more u hands on and experience u have the better.....another good thing to do is if u have extra time go volunteer alittle at a fire department

Last edited:
good luck, its not easy. you can graduate no problem but finding a job is the hardest part. and i would suggest to stop smoking if your serious about it.

good luck, its not easy. you can graduate no problem but finding a job is the hardest part. and i would suggest to stop smoking if your serious about it.

Ya I'd stop now. Hair tests and all. Cigs too.

Of the 19 or so friends I know that went graduated and got jobs 2 are still here. ONLY because they knew someone. The rest are in Cocoa, Orlando, Tampa, Naples... It maybe a bit easier for you being latino. But being a White Mall it isn't easy at all

yea theres a hiring freeze on fire fighters.....same goes for cops too. My sister told me its due to a 18% cut in the budget that was voted on earlier in miami dade county

I would love to be a firefighter but I only weigh 140 lbs.:(

I have a cousin that is doing it. Supposedly they pay him to go to school and stuff.

u should do it.. my friends step dad is on it.. and we visit the house looks pretty chilling. depends on where u stay is if u get tons of calls or not. bt pay idk.

yea theres a hiring freeze on fire fighters.....same goes for cops too. My sister told me its due to a 18% cut in the budget that was voted on earlier in miami dade county

+23434342324534580723485725245245

sorry to tell you mike but you are problay wasting your time with this. They did just recently cut funding, and are laying off people in these dept's. maybe later when the economy is doing better then you can rethink this, but for now you will probably not get the job nor even get into the acadamy to train.

+23434342324534580723485725245245

sorry to tell you mike but you are problay wasting your time with this. They did just recently cut funding, and are laying off people in these dept's. maybe later when the economy is doing better then you can rethink this, but for now you will probably not get the job nor even get into the acadamy to train.

i spoke yesterday to a miami beach fire fighter great friend of the families he says go for it just get the certificates that specific departments demand or would like more u get me

you could join the military as a firefighter reseve lol but thats only if you think you can do it i wouldnt recomend it but you would get paid to train and have priority when there hiring you for a job

Back
Top Bottom