So I started my own small business...

Do it man, I had a friend that did that...he became a millionare.

millionare isn't what I had in mind, lol, but in this economy, I think the best thing you can do for yourself is sell what you know and do well. What was said above is 1000000% true, in cars and computers. peopl are weary that everyone is out to get them, if you prove your different and are turely there to serve them, they'll be loyal

im buying a tire changer/balancer and im putting sears, banner, and cooper out of business.......... watch

werd 20 bucks a tire mounted and balanced

I needed tires on the asap, sears charged me 98 bucks to take 2 old tires off, and put new ones mounted and balanced......THEN had the balls to tell me that they were gonna have trouble with stretching a 205 on a 8 wide wheel :laugh:

mounting tires in key west is fucking nuts and crazy expensive. Not to mention they dont know how to balance wheels without putting weights on the lips.

werd people look at you funny when you ask them for specific shit....mostly because they dont speak english. I had to show the guys at sears how to jack up my car properly

ya know zach Ive been doin the same thing in the upper keys for 3 months now for my main source of income. Ive heard from most of my customers that they think that most mechanics are shady, and are very satisified when they meet an honest one. Even more so where we are located. A customer of mine took her car to a shop up here in Key Largo, and they were gonna charge her 1000 bucks to put a new flex pipe on her exhaust. The only problem Ive ran into so far is that it seems that everyone is broke right now, esp. with the holidays coming up. But good luck to us both!

If I get any calls from up your way, ill send em to you....and vise versa. :bigthumbu

werd people look at you funny when you ask them for specific shit....mostly because they dont speak english. I had to show the guys at sears how to jack up my car properly

Hahahah

The best was when I brought a 14 inch rim with a 70 series tire in to replace the 50 series tires on my Miata...Guy says.....these aint gunna fit, and proceeds to show me why by putting the rim next to the car to show me thats going to rub....I then pointed out that the center of the hub on the Miata is much lower due to the car being on 50 series....and the 70 series tire was much higher due to the fact it was a 70 series...

He still didn't get it. I told him to do the damn work and if it didn't fit id pay double....I paid once.

Me > Sears

Last edited:
i say go for it i yet to see one mechanic spot on the island you can become the MAIN place and that would be sick all the ppl who come across the island need oil changes for the drives back + localz i think it would do good. good luck man

make $$$

Back
Top Bottom