so i start college tomorrow....

Bryan

(OIO/ - RPS13 - \OIO)
Driver
any advise from some of u that have already attended or are attending?

Go to every class. Ask questions. Thank the teacher after some classes. You want them to know who you are. That way they help you better and are more inclined to hooking you up @ the end of the semester if your close.

-Research your teacher's before picking them through rateyourprofessor.com
-Do every extra credit possible.
-Never miss a class.
-Know exactly what classes you need to take so you don't end up taking classes for nothing.
-Buy used books.

Get to know the people around you... I started college last week Friday and I don't really know most of the people in my dorm, so that should be a priority if you are living in. I can't tell you to study hard or anything because i'm going through the same process. But from my blunder of keeping my door closed and not being outgoing or talking to anyone, it gets lonely. So don't let that happen to you!

Don't play World of Warcraft.

I had a friend that flunked out of UCF because he never went to class. He would just stay in his room all day and play WoW. He has a godly character though :p

best thing i can say is to make friends(in your major)....once you have friends you can lend each other books and also have insight on classes and such......also like the rest of the ppl said go to class and get to know your teachers...

-Buy used books
-Sell the books you dont need
-learn
-take advantage of it. After college comes a job and loads of responsibilities. Those 4 years go by fast
-Take advantage of what College has to offer! Study Abroad programs, internships, etc etc.

whats your major btw

like everyone's said, you have to make the most of your money and go out of your way to squeeze every bit out of the college experience. your paying as much for contacts and networking as you are for actual education. surround yourself with the kids who know what they're doing...in the same way alot can be learned just by hanging around upper classmen. anyways good luck, have fun, but don't lose track of the big picture.

just show up to class dont get lazy, dont act like a D bag. i use to bullshit with my teachers before and aftrer class which helped me alot in a few situation hell i use to go out and get a beer with a few of them before class LMAO

i think its www.ratemyprofessors.com

yeah take advisement seriously if you do take it, stay on track try not to get C's yea thats passing but its barely passing, doesn't look good should you do post grad, or if you're at a 2 year and wanna switch to a 4 year that type of thing

You better change your major asap then. Look @ your degree audit.

You have to take all 3 calc, physics, trig, geo, etc etc

wow and i thought it was about cars. but it turns out miami dade doesnt have automotive courses. wtf is that?!

mechanical engineering is the way things work , power plants, engines ( from pumps, stators, tons of stuff)

if you think you will only be playing building engines well... think again lol

here is the info on the course
"[edit] Coursework
Standards set by each country's accreditation society are intended to provide for uniformity in fundamental subject material, promote competence among graduating engineers, and to maintain confidence in the engineering profession as a whole. Engineering programs in the U.S., for instance, are required by ABET to show that their students can "work professionally in both thermal and mechanical systems areas."[9] The specific courses required to graduate, however, may differ from program to program. Universities will often combine multiple subjects into a single class or split a subject into multiple classes, depending on the faculty available and the university's major area(s) of research. Fundamental subjects of mechanical engineering usually include:

statics and dynamics
strength of materials and solid mechanics
instrumentation and measurement
thermodynamics, heat transfer, energy conversion, and HVAC
fluid mechanics and fluid dynamics
mechanism design (including kinematics and dynamics)
manufacturing technology or processes
hydraulics and pneumatics
engineering design
mechatronics and control theory
drafting, CAD (usually including solid modeling), and CAM[10][11]
Mechanical engineers are also expected to understand and be able to apply basic concepts from chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, and physics. Most mechanical engineering programs include several semesters of calculus, as well as advanced mathematical concepts which may include differential equations and partial differential equations, linear and modern algebra, and differential geometry, among others.

In addition to the core mechanical engineering curriculum, many mechanical engineering programs offer more specialized programs and classes, such as robotics, transport and logistics, cryogenics, fuel technology, automotive engineering, biomechanics, vibration, optics and others, if a separate department does not exist for these subjects.[12]

Most mechanical engineering programs also require varying amounts of research or community projects to gain practical problem-solving experience. Mechanical engineering students usually hold one or more internships while studying, though this is not typically mandated by the university.

"

i would suggest you try it still better been there and burnt that not ever tryed!! .. i did 4 years of it and didnt like it.. ended up on 2 different careers.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom