smelssssszzzz

steveka-t

Driver
ok so i took all the emissions and bs out of my car i am pretty sure ive plugged all the bs stuff that i took out, but there seems to be a gas/nasty chemical smell lol... that comes in the car everytime i turn it on and drive it and i dont wanna die from it or get high of from it anymore.. can anyone give me any ideas on what it might be... could it be that black canister by the intake???

ok so i took all the emissions and bs out of my car i am pretty sure ive plugged all the bs stuff that i took out, but there seems to be a gas/nasty chemical smell lol... that comes in the car everytime i turn it on and drive it and i dont wanna die from it or get high of from it anymore.. can anyone give me any ideas on what it might be... could it be that black canister by the intake???

fail, lol come to my house yo and ill help u out i just did all my emission lines, dont forget to plug the egr line on the intake manifold. did u completly take all of the emission lines from the intake manifold or did u unplug wat went to the black waste canister and block off the lines that hooked up to it, pictures and more details would help

u can take that out all that is is a charcoal canister

make sure everything has a cap on it, make sure your egr is completely block off....

and yes your going to smell shit regardless, its a 240 yo get used to it. you will come to love that smell lol

the egr system recirculates some exhaust gases and reburns them, the s13 system is very primitive and if you removed the vacum lines and not eliminated all of it , including the butterfly linkage on the intake , WHAT i think is happening, the butterflys are partially closed causing the motor to run rich, this will create excess fumes through the exhaust
now
not sure of what exhaust you have , but most likely an oversize cat back on the stock motor
this also creates another problem
its probably angled to the side, what happenes is as air goes around your car the tail creates rear turbulence, bringing those fumes foward again and into your car, not to mention the possible gasket leaks you have
we are all guilty of doing this , 99% of us has modded there s chassis little by little
how do you properly remove everything
first remove the bypass pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold
second get an s14 intake runners (they dont have the butterfly shit)
third while you have the intake out remove the iac and everything else that is bolted to it, on ebay you can find all the block off plates
BE PREPARED TO REROUTE YOUR WATER LINES
hot water flows throug the intake to aid in the emmisions,this also takes away perfomance
basickly the lines that go through the throttle body needs to go and the one that conects to the aicv shit
as for the vacuum lines under the TB i ripped those out you dont need them anymore
if you have a/c it wont idle up when the compresor comes on any more, cold starts are gonna be a little harder now and might need to keep your foot on the gas untill it reaches temp , and bepending on how good your motor is you will see an increase or decrease in power, and a free flowing intake three inch pipe wont help much if its sucking hot air from the exhaust side of the engine compartement, so relocate the battery to your trunk and cut that ebay pipe turn it 180* so you can get colder air from the passenger side
fuck this bitch got long fast...... i'm gona start charging by the letter

Back
Top Bottom