signal lights...?

ALRIGHT!!! so i just had a problem with my headlights fliiping a shit and malfunctioning so i was like cool ill just go buy a signal switch and that should fix both of my problems... well 52 bucks later my turn signals still dont work... all marker lights, headlights, and flashers, brake lights, and parking lights all work, but no individual signals and im lost, obviously sometihng wrong with the wiring, but what? or what else?

thanks guys always appreciated. :confused:

with older cars there is a problem with turn signals. its on the actual stick that you move up and down to turn them on. look up a how to guide but basically it looks like 4 wires soldered onto a circuit board about the size of a quarter. with age and heat they tend to melt bridging them together and therefore stop functioning.

i did this to my 91 3000gt and all i had to do was take a knife and scrape a line between each pin. but the DIY guide i was following said to heat it up and remove old solder with a special tool, then resolder them on.

the tool is about 2 feet long with a pointed end. you compress the tool inward making it only a foot long and place it by the solder that you heat up. after you hit a button it springs back the tool causing a foot of suction power and the solder is sucked into a holding container.

hope this helps

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

http://www.ehow.com/video_4419670_removing-solder.html

with older cars there is a problem with turn signals. its on the actual stick that you move up and down to turn them on. look up a how to guide but basically it looks like 4 wires soldered onto a circuit board about the size of a quarter. with age and heat they tend to melt bridging them together and therefore stop functioning.

i did this to my 91 3000gt and all i had to do was take a knife and scrape a line between each pin. but the DIY guide i was following said to heat it up and remove old solder with a special tool, then resolder them on.

the tool is about 2 feet long with a pointed end. you compress the tool inward making it only a foot long and place it by the solder that you heat up. after you hit a button it springs back the tool causing a foot of suction power and the solder is sucked into a holding container.

hope this helps

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

http://www.ehow.com/video_4419670_removing-solder.html

where is the circuit board?

Back
Top Bottom