Should I just stop being stupid and go ls1

So if I can't sell my s14 in a week or so I'm going to go ahead and boost the sr, but before I spend the money doing that I just want to hear some opinions on whether I should just go ls1 before wasting all the money and time on the sr.

So basically if you have drifted a decent powered sr car and a ls1 car is it really that much better? Am I still going to want to go ls1 after the sr is done? How much did it end up costing you to do the swap in the end?

I only want to hear from people that have actually experience with both setups

come ride in my shit. It will answer this dumbass ???? Fyi i drove all 3 tracks days in a row( pro-am, countyline) and i never opened the hood besides for tech.

Bills car is only slightly faster than mine, but after driving his, I would go ls1 if I had the money.

Yeah stock motor its not fast but the torque is awesome. Do all coutyline in third dumping smoke instead of the sr putting around in 2nd.

Sr20 and V8 should not be in the same sentence period lol

I don't have a LsJuanPAPi motor but i do have a V8 and the torque is amazing i wouldnt trade it for anything else actually i would for a motor that doesnt spin rod bearings lol you can do whatever you want to that Sr20 and it wont come close to the torque V8. That being said V8 FTW

I'm going to have to come get a ride from you bill I think that will probably make up my mind.

Do you mind giving me am idea about how much the swap cost total

dude prices are real hard to say. It all depends on how much you buy stuff for. etc
my swap was around 4k because i got some retarded deals on stuff and waited until i found stuff cheap.

I bought the complete t/a for 3300 sold the roller for 1850. So i had 1500 in motor/ trans / ecu/ harness etc. Then i found a cheap old (but new) original daft kit with gto pan, headers, mounts, crossmember. Sikky did my harness for 300. 200 for ka rad. 500 hoses, exhaust misc.

Average swap price is 6k-8k

Honestly I think it would be the best way to go, no SR can touch the torque a V8 produces,

Honestly I wouldn't go with LSx or VH/VK, instead look at the LMx motor GM puts in their trucks and suv's, essentially it's an iron block LS... Yea iron, but will produce the same power for about 1-2k less as an LSx AND parts are interchangeable between LSx and LM's, it'll also bolt right up to a t56 tranny.

Just my 2 cents..

^ Dude i used to think the same thing. Till i realized how much weight really affects the car. If its for fun then great. But to build a competition car you can't have the weight it really makes drastic changes.

Back
Top Bottom