shortened driveshaft??

95se5384

How much did you guy shorten your driveshafts in order to properly fit the lsd's with abs sensors?? they say its 3/4 of an inch longer but i think taking off 1/2 inch would be just fine..

That is wrong, atleast on s14's you do have to shorten the driveshaft, you can still put it on but your gonna hear your driveshaft and your just ****ing up the carrier bearing, he does have a j30 LSD by the way.

if the lsd has an sensor at the front of it with a wire hanging out you need to have it shortened mostly s14's have the problem but i have put a few in s13's and have had noise coming from the carrier bearing

75$ ill shorten your drive shaft 1\2" or 5\8ths what ever you want. I had to use the 5spd front universal from a s13 5spd drive shaft on my s14 auto to manual swap. I have no vibrations at 100 mph.

yeh so i basically used the auto part of the drive shaft from the diff, through the center support bearing and the center universal. Then i cut and tig welded on the 5spd front portion so it would fit in the manual transmission.

has been to 3 drift events and 2 times to the track while beating the **** out of it on the street. on my t04e at 12psi. no issues with strength.

Last edited:
considering the abs sensor is 3\4ths an inch longer, you should shorten your drive shaft 3\4 inch to retain the proper overall length.

Back
Top Bottom