Short Throw Shifter Question

got240?

ok i looked around and i came up with B&M makes a really nice short shifter for are cars. i just want to make sure im not over looking any other short shifters that are better. anyone useing the B&M shifter and it that the best u can buy for a s13 240sr20?

thanks,
Pat

why would you want a short shifter. if you know how they actually work they end up ruining your tranny by not letting the gears fully engage. too me thats not work the extra 2/10 of a second ima save by using one. thats just my .02

its a shorter throw so u shift faster. i owned one in all my cars an im going to drag the car not drift so that 2/10 means alot to me. so i take it B&M is the way to go.

thanks,
Pat

short shifter? :vomit:

drag? :vomit:

i find it so much easier shifting with a stock shifter

+1 gears to close. 1st to second throw is like 1-2 inch movement and trying to get first sometimes is a bit tricky. i attempted to drive a buddy's sr with a b&m and i hated it.

short shifter? :vomit:

drag? :vomit:

i find it so much easier shifting with a stock shifter

lol @ drag racing. stay with a KA if u wanna drag race.If your planning on getting a redtop SR (or any for that matter) for drag racing your a straight up fan boy (no offense) i dont see SRs beating KATs in the straight line and the fastest 240 currently is a KAT. shifting a short shifter actually requires effort but w/e tickles your pickle

its a shorter throw so u shift faster. i owned one in all my cars an im going to drag the car not drift so that 2/10 means alot to me. so i take it B&M is the way to go.

thanks,
Pat

so im guessing trannys mean nothing to you then. i hope you enjoy your partial gear engagement while launching your car at high rpms and if you havent noticed this is a drift forum not drag. on top of that its 2/10 of a second to switch the gear faster doesnt mean your car is gonna 4/5 of a second quicker in the 1/4 mile. anyways just my .02 its your car do w/e u want with it

lol @ drag racing. stay with a KA if u wanna drag race.If your planning on getting a redtop SR (or any for that matter) for drag racing your a straight up fan boy (no offense) i dont see SRs beating KATs in the straight line and the fastest 240 currently is a KAT. shifting a short shifter actually requires effort but w/e tickles your pickle

+1 on that too.

Last edited:
car already has a sr20. also i dont no of any other fourm that i can talk drag to people. so asking drifts about drag = wrong thing to do i no that but some info and input is just fine. im new to this 240sx thing so ill take whatever info is given.i never had a problem with short shifters so i cant see this car being that much diffrent. you guys dont grasp that i drag and if you thing that 11sec sr20 is crap and ur drifting with 150hp thats all good. just like you all dont understand why i drag i dont unstand why u all drift. like i said im not here to bs with you all about this, just a question i was asking whats the best short shifter money can buy. i know what it does to tranys and all i didnt ask that. money isnt a issue here if the trany pops on me ill put a new one in no biggy. just answer the question on what shifter is the best and ill be on my way.

thanks for all ur info on this threat if you cant tell me whats the best shifter money can buy then dont post! no need to flame on someone for doing something that you dont like or what u wouldnt do. ill roll with a b&m and call it a day thanks for the info and help on this subject.

the car came with a redtop sr20. for now ill put down 350 to 400 just to float my boat. but the real thing im going for rb25 or rb26 or a 2jz or ls1. the redtop is just for shits a giggles. once i get the car where i want it ( looks and other things i need ) then ill worrie about what motor to put in at that point.

Last edited:
car already has a sr20. also i dont no of any other fourm that i can talk drag to people. so asking drifts about drag = wrong thing to do i no that but some info and input is just fine. im new to this 240sx thing so ill take whatever info is given.i never had a problem with short shifters so i cant see this car being that much diffrent. you guys dont grasp that i drag and if you thing that 11sec sr20 is crap and ur drifting with 150hp thats all good. just like you all dont understand why i drag i dont unstand why u all drift. like i said im not here to bs with you all about this, just a question i was asking whats the best short shifter money can buy. i know what it does to tranys and all i didnt ask that. money isnt a issue here if the trany pops on me ill put a new one in no biggy. just answer the question on what shifter is the best and ill be on my way.

thanks for all ur info on this threat if you cant tell me whats the best shifter money can buy then dont post! no need to flame on someone for doing something that you dont like or what u wouldnt do. ill roll with a b&m and call it a day thanks for the info and help on this subject.

the car came with a redtop sr20. for now ill put down 350 to 400 just to float my boat. but the real thing im going for rb25 or rb26 or a 2jz or ls1. the redtop is just for shits a giggles. once i get the car where i want it ( looks and other things i need ) then ill worrie about what motor to put in at that point.

there are plenty just gotta look. have you tried nico club or zilvia. if you were ka ka-t.org has some really good stuff since most of them drag. and drifting a car with 150hp, like the 240 or even worse AE86 with even less hp, takes some skill. its harder to break the tires loose so alot of different techniques have to be used to try to get the tires to come loose and stay loose.

b&m's are dialed.

Who cares what you do with your car, but dont come on a drifting forum and expect people not to say shit about you drag racing. I personally dont care and I've taken my car to the drag strip abunch, but most doods that drift think drag racing is dumb as hell and are gonna take any chance to make fun of a drag racer.

ta don't listen to ya tu sabes Short shifters B&M is one of the best even drifting a NA KA it helps some every little helps it doesn't matter what you do. Big corner like no run way short shifter will help alot when your NA.

I have a b&m short shifter with a Razo weighted shift knob and it shifts through all gears like butter! I don't drag race but to me it feels alot better than the stocker once you get used to it :)

check out the isis short throw for like 70 bucks its real nice i have no complaints and a short throw is beter for you tranny because you cannot over throw your shift.

B&M, C's and circuit sports which is replica B&M which is what i got. Never had an issue. Lot of fun too.

sweet thats what i was looking for!!! thanks so much i respect you drifters and i dont knock it. hell sometime i even slide a turn or 2 :p but my thing is stright line racing. i hang on sfldrifters cuz you all are local and mad cool. but again thanks for the info and i think ill go with B&M sounds like a winner to me :D:bigthumbu

why would you want a short shifter. if you know how they actually work they end up ruining your tranny by not letting the gears fully engage. too me thats not work the extra 2/10 of a second ima save by using one. thats just my .02

w t f stop saying shit about things you dont fully understand

Back
Top Bottom