shocks and springs ????

bigfla74

i was woundering if any one is using shocks and springs on there car and drift it, and what they think of them, i dont have the $ for coilovers right now so i was thing of shocks and springs but i want some opinions. thanks

I'd say don't compromise and wait until you have more money, that way you don't regret your decision.

First, weld your diff.

If your making like $100 a week and it'll be close to a year for you to get $900 together then find a set for $100 and order Godspeed swaybars for $200 and you'll be fine.

jtmroczk said:
First, weld your diff.

If your making like $100 a week and it'll be close to a year for you to get $900 together then find a set for $100 and order Godspeed swaybars for $200 and you'll be fine.

you could weld your diff......................

but putting sway bars on stock suspension is a no no. The car will handle different, yes. That difference in handling is bad. sway bars and spring rates should complement them selves. The only spring and shock combination that i might consider running larger sway bars on would be a rsr race spring, at like 5k or something. Replace the bushings on the factory sway bars if you want to reduce roll.

im using espleir springs there awesome IMO with stock BLOWN to HELL and back shocks, i just have no money to go with koni yellows, but after that reaplce all the bushings and i should be fine, i just dont to build my car a full built drift car and ride like shit on the street.

^^ well thats the thing its my DD first then my drift car, so i want preformance just not full out race stuff. but i havent really heard any one complain of running coilovers for day to day use.

S13 Slide said:
^ it depends ont eh adjments, and springrates.

actually, ride on a shitty set of shocks. and it will feel rough. like crap. Ride on something that has nice low and high speed curves and it will feel connected to the ground.

how many thread of the same subject are there?
I THINK THIS SUBJECT COMES UP 6-10 TIMES A YEAR!!!
but whatever, save your money and buy a new setup of coilovers.
I have the Tein HA and their great

I went from stock to AGX with S-techs and rocked those for a couple years. When I finally upgraded to Megan coilovers like 2 years ago I totally regretted ever having spent $ on spring and shock. The difference was huge. Just save your money.

MiamiGrinch240 said:
I went from stock to AGX with S-techs and rocked those for a couple years. When I finally upgraded to Megan coilovers like 2 years ago I totally regretted ever having spent $ on spring and shock. The difference was huge. Just save your money.

the difference was huge and he bought megans...

learn to drift ( i mean link 3 out of 5 turns) with stock suspension :bigthumbu ....... and then go straight to coil overs dont waist your money on struts and springs :D

dude, decent coilovers have gotten so cheap that now you can get D2s, Megans, Stance for less than 1000. remember that a decent shocks and spring combos will run you upwards of 700, so why not save a little more and get coilovers.... rick weld my diff ;)

240SicknessX said:
you could weld your diff......................

but putting sway bars on stock suspension is a no no. The car will handle different, yes. That difference in handling is bad. sway bars and spring rates should complement them selves. The only spring and shock combination that i might consider running larger sway bars on would be a rsr race spring, at like 5k or something. Replace the bushings on the factory sway bars if you want to reduce roll.

my post was in reference to after market spring.

I was running Intrax springs with gr-2 and godspeed sways, with good tires and the car looking like it does in my sig, it worked great on the shitty streets of Tampa. The car was noticeably more stable after I put both sway bars on it.

I would not suggest wasting money on new springs and shocks, get them used for at most $100 or just save for coilovers.

Back
Top Bottom