shock/spring/coilover feedback.

hey guys. my suspension is kind of an oddball. in front i have shock and spring combo and the rear im running a set of JIC SF-1 coilovers. ofcourse this isnt very efficient as of now since the i run GR2s and tein s-craps in front. i want to continue this experiment of shock/spring/coilover to get the ride quality i desire (daily/track use). has anyone had any experience with this sort of setup? if so please input any info or feedback. if it just plain dont work then please inform me to the downfalls. what shock/spring combo would be preferred to match up with the coilovers. the springrate on the sf-1s is 5kg(progressive). anyone have any options to linear replacement springs?

my experience thus far with this setup is as follows.
-the front tucks in a little better but wheelspin is greater in rear. also the rear feels more stable.(obviously).
-understeer is still there but a great improvement over stock.
-miami roads suck and suck even more for the rear.

im riding on 17x7 all around with 215-45-17s all around.
any feedback is greatly appreciated. if i get flamed for this then so be it. ill take what i can and learn from it. i will continue building until i get it right.
thanks.

either get a full coilover set for all four corners, or get the shocks and springs on all corners. There is a certain amount of front end slip that is required while drifting when you start to advance. Running very different spring and dampning rates in the front and rear isnt my cup of tea. The car will be more controlable and more balenced if you kept the s-techs fnr or the coilovers fnr. Sure its driftable, eh w\e.

It may feel very very strange at first. Just get used to it and get some practise in open areas away from anything you can hit, idealy on a track.

after doing some searching the sf-1s are only sold for s14s. the rear sf-1s fit perfect on my car.dont know if the front is the same. any feedback?

well if the rears fit the front should be no problem since it the rears that are alittle bit different than the rear of the s13 I think the front are the same

pretty sure only the rear coilovers are application specific inbetween s13 and s14, fronts are the same.

Back
Top Bottom