Shift-Lock Presents OSW Drift Practice #5 May 14th 2006

Snell M2000 or better... can be had on Ebay for $60 shipped.. the walmart helmets are only DOT approved.

What's the point for ditching money to pay for a helmet that will be useless in a couple of years? If you're going to buy a helmet to use at the track, at least spend the extra bucks to get a SA2005 or above.

Drifting is still at it's early stages and there are not a lot of rules set by insurance companies and track owners (except Michigan.... wow it sucks to be them) so you can get away with a DOT approved helmet. I would say if you're just doing it to have fun, go for that.

If you want a real helmet... go all the way and get the real deal.

- Erick

rwdrift said:
What's the point for ditching money to pay for a helmet that will be useless in a couple of years? If you're going to buy a helmet to use at the track, at least spend the extra bucks to get a SA2005 or above.

Drifting is still at it's early stages and there are not a lot of rules set by insurance companies and track owners (except Michigan.... wow it sucks to be them) so you can get away with a DOT approved helmet. I would say if you're just doing it to have fun, go for that.

If you want a real helmet... go all the way and get the real deal.

- Erick
I agree about getting a SA05. The SA95 will still be good for most sanctioning bodies till 2010. I never have that problem because I always end up getting a new Helmet every year or so as I just plain wear them out.
Like I said Snell MA is good but not fireproof and most sanctioning bodies require the Fire Protection. You are in a car after all with a Tank full of highly volitile Gasoline. Snell MA is for motorcycle riders who have no need for fire protection.

Snell MA is basicly the same except without fireproofing.. if you're worried about fire you can always wear a Nomex headsock or line the helmet with Nomex to make it as safe as a SA (still can't run with it in strict events but you save hundreeds of $$)

$60 for a MA2000 is not bad helmet to start out with, just stay away from DOT.

I think I'll be at this event... I'm dropping in an extra Secret super duper engine into my car as we speek... :)

"Two are better then One"

i hope i can make this one 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenrik said:
Snell MA is basicly the same except without fireproofing.. if you're worried about fire you can always wear a Nomex headsock or line the helmet with Nomex to make it as safe as a SA (still can't run with it in strict events but you save hundreeds of $$) \
For $150 you can have a SA2005 helmet that will be good for 10 years and allowed by all sanctioning bodies.
Small investment for the certain gain.

sorry guys it isnt lookin to swell for me now...i just lost 3rd gear 2day and now my tranny goes cjhsgbklgadgkccbkucwgkcwb and then i stop...awwww shyt......if any1 can geta good sr tranny lemme kno...May make the event if i can get1

can i just get some used tires... will there be a tire changing station thing there. or will i need full wheels w/ rims.

their will be a tire chnger there 20 bucks usully for all day changing

good grab on the Sr tranny. Maybe I'll get there early enough to see ya own the bank.
I want to drive but my car is barely crawling. If I can get it to a better point of driftability I'll get it on da track bwaa bwaaomp skkkerrrt.

We only have 5 people signed up so far. If we don't have atleast 20 by next wednesday we will be cancelling the event.

no lift soldier, i wanna see u RIDE!!! new motor new front, its a new phil!!!

Back
Top Bottom