sh!t Happens!!!!

I was changing my rear pads today wit a friend. ( i'm still a noob :( but learning) and i find out my rear brake caliper is stuck!! I tried to fix it but with no luck. so i'm out of commission for a while. SHIT! and i wanted to do to countyline!:mad: it's gay! its leaking all of my brake fluid when i step on the brakes. i had to slow down by only down shifting all of the way home! that was really fun! LMAO!

If anyone has a driver's side rear caliper for a 94 and up miata. wit the 1.8 engine LMK.

MIATAS UNITE!!!! :bigthumbu

Ed

you can sell your entry to a dude that is like crazy trying to buy reg to countyline for even 10 more :p

maybe you have to SPIN your rear caliper pistons on instead of just compress them.

that's the way it is on 240's, and i broke 3 c-clamps before i realized it

bro are ur calipers frozen or has the rubber sealing popped? bc if its popped your better off buyin a whole new caliper which wud run u about 15-20$ from the junkyard but if its frozen try puttin the wheels back on and let her roll down a hill in neutrall and hit the breaks shud release the rust thats preventing movement.....also try using an old break pad and c clamp and apply the pressure to the caliper to depress it...but inmportant make sure the master cyclinder cap is open

Last edited:
maybe you have to SPIN your rear caliper pistons on instead of just compress them.

that's the way it is on 240's, and i broke 3 c-clamps before i realized it

miatas are not the spin type.

and dude i am telling, calipers are the same. the bracket (what holds the pads is different).....i see you getting jipped cus some guy is gonna tell you its a 1.8 and sell it for more.

you already have the bracket just swap the caliper out.

ps. and keep it off the streets...why wait two events instead of just going now? why wait and risk thousands of dollars doing in the streets?? think.

Last edited:
i can;t drift now because im broke!!! and i check junkyards are and they run 75 plus. im just confused! :confused: i tried the clamps thing and nada. also the psiton came out of the rubber seal. and leaking fluid everywhere. damn.

i can;t drift now because im broke!!! and i check junkyards are and they run 75 plus. im just confused! :confused: i tried the clamps thing and nada. also the psiton came out of the rubber seal. and leaking fluid everywhere. damn.

upullit.com is a junk yard in davie they have them a lot cheaper than 75

upullit.com is a junk yard in davie they have them a lot cheaper than 75
Just make sure its the 94+ The calipers do not swap between the years 89-93 to 94+ due to the brackets. You have to swap the rotors too. Ralph and I already tryed this one...like 4 times.

I think you can rebuild them bro, it would be a PITA but it would be a learning experience. You should go have a new unit priced out at the Mazda dealership. Youd really be suprized just how much stuff you can get at the dealer for fuckin CHEAP.

There might even be a RX-7 swap bro. Do some research, get on www.roadsterdrift.com
and www.clubroadster.net

Back
Top Bottom