Schoool

GBDiaz

Furious Eggplant
Spectator
Wouldn't know where this goes, so I figured the safest place to put it would be here XD.
Anywho, for those of you who don't know, I'm still in highschool, as well for Manny (OralDrift). Lucky for us we have auto in our school, and we're straight with the teacher so we both get to do a lot of hands on shit. During day school I'm taking Engine Repair, and after school I'm taking Automatic Transmissions (After school works with tri-mesters, last tri-mester I did manual transmissions). After automatic transmission we do electrical. The class is really fun and I've learned a lot. I already got my subject selection and I chose suspension and steering for day school next year, and I'll take the last 3 auto courses in night school. The teacher wanted to get rid of some of the shells 'cause they take up too much room and we were just donated 3 more cars. In these pictures we took out the motor from the Honda, and that's mine and Manny's motor to work on and practice for competition. After we're done with this motor we're taking out a motor from a Mercedes so I'm looking foward to that. Hope you enjoy the pics, and i'll be posting up some more later.

P.S. I have access to All-Data, so those who really need to know how to put something back or take something out, or just specific shit on their car, let me know and I'll get you a print out.

Me (Gabriel): Kid with belt around his neck, and short hair.
Manny (OralDrift): Kid with long hair and hat.

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

I am

the most inactive SFLdrifters member.
But dam that kid sucked at taking pictures.

My name is Manny.
I plan to become a master technician.
I own a skateboard but am saving up for a daily beater to get me around.
I'll be taking 4 automotive classes next year and getting certified in may in Manual transmissions.
Anyone need help with they're tranny, lmk.

thats weird you didnt take electrical BEFORE auto transmissions?? BTW the ase for auto transmissions is hard as fuck, failed the first time, went to the Toyota school for auto transmissions and passed the 2nd time (LUCKY), the problem with ase's that really pisses me off is most of it is GM, ford CRAP, and i fucking hate it as i dont work on american cars, so you have to re-learn some stuff.

So far I have:
A1: Engine Repair
A2: Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
A4: Suspension and Steering
A5: Brakes
A6: Electrical/Electronic Systems

The next tests im going to take is:
A3: Manual Drive Train and Axles
A7: Heating and Air Conditioning

Then:
A8: Engine Performance
L1: Advanced Engine Performance

The only thing that sucks is i can have all those certifications, and still wont be a master technician until i have been working on cars for at least 5 years, i have only been with toyota for 2.5 years, also that the tests are expensive to take. Good luck, it feels good to pass those tests.

Last edited:
my highschool didn't even had a real parking lot, much less any automotive classes, and I've never known anyone who works or knows stuff about cars so I've never learned shit. Wouldn't want to be a technician but some of those skills are good to have. lucky for u

my highschool didn't even had a real parking lot, much less any automotive classes, and I've never known anyone who works or knows stuff about cars so I've never learned shit. Wouldn't want to be a technician but some of those skills are good to have. lucky for u

^Ditto, i dont plan on working on cars for the rest of my life, just so i learn and to be able to work on my own cars professionally. It looks like im ither going to go into accounting or insurance dont know yet, yea yea yea accounting is hard, but in that line of work i see more and more, its not what you know its WHO you know.

That Accord has some serious steering angle.

Lol I know, some refs didn't know how to take that shit apart and fucked it up. We came in and fixed it. We had to take out the CV joint s and shit. FWD= FAIL ANNOYING PAIN IN THE ASS.

I wanna get certified in Suspension and Steering.

No one knows how to take care of the shit in auto. There are only a selective few, (Manny, and I) and the others who want to go to competition who take care of the stuff we have, 'cause that's all we have...

If anyone has parts to donate that'd be great. We're no using it too put on our cars, (we don't even own cars for ourselves). It's just for us to learn with. If you have anything that'd be great and just PM me!

But back on topic, yeah the class is great and I've learn a lot so far!

I have little formal instruction from any one person. Its more of taking my time, being careful and having someone who knows what they are doing check your work if i doubted myself. 4 years ago I had no idea I would have acquired the knowledge to build my turbo four cylinder engine and tune it with this space shuttle standalone engine management system. Not to mention perform all the fabrication and figure out all the installation issues.

In school I never absorbed any of the lab activities in my computer class until I grabbed my own router and started putting in each command line myself. Sooner then later the repetition and teaching other people reinforced what I already knew. If you have the chance grab the tools first and YOU be the person to take that timing belt off.

Good luck.

i sure as hell would like to learn how to take apart a manual transmision and change the syncros and whatnot. is this something that is difficult? i have only been around 1 tranny while it was apart and i didnt quite fully understand it and it was a old ass E type shit jag.

i sure as hell would like to learn how to take apart a manual transmision and change the syncros and whatnot. is this something that is difficult? i have only been around 1 tranny while it was apart and i didnt quite fully understand it and it was a old ass E type shit jag.

Manual transmissions are really easy to work with, well easier then I thought. I hate automatic transmission, they can go to hell >.<.. It's so complicated with all the seals, and the whole torque converter set up and shit. Manual transmission is straight to the point and easy. I can't wait to get into suspension and steering<33 We have a lift there where you can set the camber, etc...

Not to bad

i sure as hell would like to learn how to take apart a manual transmission and change the syncros and whatnot. is this something that is difficult? i have only been around 1 tranny while it was apart and i didnt quite fully understand it and it was a old ass E type shit jag.

Manual transmissions are the easiest assemblies I have ever encountered in my life.
Legos are more complicated than Manual Trannys.
Taking it apart is easy, no big deal.
Now rebuilding and diagnosing them, knowing where everything goes, what every part and component does, THAT is the hard part.
Synchronizer sleeves are easy, even easier to replace.
I have taken apart and put back together about 3 different trannys.
One Honda transaxle(Multiple times over), one F-150 Transmission, and a old Corolla that I took care of for a friend.
Its not difficult, its effort. If you put the effort to learn about it, the knowledge will be gained.
But taking shit apart doesn't do shit, you gotta learn how it works inside and out.
NO FINGER FUCKING.

Manual transmissions are the easiest assemblies I have ever encountered in my life.
Legos are more complicated than Manual Trannys.
Taking it apart is easy, no big deal.
Now rebuilding and diagnosing them, knowing where everything goes, what every part and component does, THAT is the hard part.
Synchronizer sleeves are easy, even easier to replace.
I have taken apart and put back together about 3 different trannys.
One Honda transaxle(Multiple times over), one F-150 Transmission, and a old Corolla that I took care of for a friend.
Its not difficult, its effort. If you put the effort to learn about it, the knowledge will be gained.
But taking shit apart doesn't do shit, you gotta learn how it works inside and out.
NO FINGER FUCKING.

lmao x 2

Well finger fuck when it's someone elses motor in auto :).
Borrow their parts to put ours together =D. That is to the annoying freshman at our school.

Yes that is Southwest

wait wait. you guys are in high school and already have ase certifications. Hows is that possible unless you guys were over 18 to get the extra year of experience. Auto tech programs like yours and mine only account for one year of experience no matter how long you have been in the field. and if you have 2.5 years at toyota than that would make you a possible 7th year senior

We're studying for our ASE..? And you can be certified in high school, once you take the course. It would be stupid to take it before you take the course..

We're studying for our ASE..? And you can be certified in high school, once you take the course. It would be stupid to take it before you take the course..
you can but the educational program counts for one year and then you need another year of experience in the field. so if you worked at jiffy at age 17 till you graduate you should have acquired enough experience to have your second year and begin testing

Lol no idea dude, I'm just getting my ASE to have it, I don't see myself exceeding as a Mechanic

On the other hand OralDrift (Manny) he wants to be

Back
Top Bottom