s14 SR20DET RUNNING LIKE SHIT NEED HELP

yea got new plugs new cas i just re timed it just now. popped v.c. and lined up the marked chain link. there was only one and it was yellow unlike how other diagrams show. lined it up with cam gear sprocket dot. crank pully to second dot to left. wierd thing is that the chain wasnt tight at all at that point where everything is lined up.. set cas correctly.
still does not start. it does try to, you can hear it popping and trying. it seems like its not getting strong enough spark. wtf do i do lol

[/COLOR]
yea got new plugs new cas i just re timed it just now. popped v.c. and lined up the marked chain link. there was only one and it was yellow unlike how other diagrams show. lined it up with cam gear sprocket dot. crank pully to second dot to left. wierd thing is that the chain wasnt tight at all at that point where everything is lined up.. set cas correctly.
still does not start. it does try to, you can hear it popping and trying. it seems like its not getting strong enough spark. wtf do i do lol

ignition coil, correct me if im wrong tho

[/COLOR]

ignition coil, correct me if im wrong tho

Extremly wrong.

he has indvisual coil packs and ignitor

If theres excessive play in the chain id check comprrssion.

Look at the tensioner

Need fuel, spark and compression......

paul i llooked at the frsport diagram, their chain has the same looseness. i fucking timed this piece of shit wrong, thers a yellow chain link thats the main link or someshit idk, but i used it to align to the camgear sprockets. im supposed to use the dark links. ima retime it right tommorow. hopefully this piece of shit runs. and bill if for some reason i cant figure out whats wrong with it im going to part the car out. if you want the shell let me know it has alot of good stuff.

lmao alex

Last edited:
why r u messing with the chain
set it to tdc and install cas...
then go from there....
it was running before and u kno cas is good

3500 if your serious pm me car has shit load of goodies.
im pretty shure i found problem dont know what though. it seems when i pull fuel pump fuse, it idles decent for like 2 minutes. dies. put fuel pump fuse in and starts to not idle run like shit.

paul i llooked at the frsport diagram, their chain has the same looseness. i fucking timed this piece of shit wrong, thers a yellow chain link thats the main link or someshit idk, but i used it to align to the camgear sprockets. im supposed to use the dark links. ima retime it right tommorow. hopefully this piece of shit runs. and bill if for some reason i cant figure out whats wrong with it im going to part the car out. if you want the shell let me know it has alot of good stuff.

lmao alex

ohh tits

dude just set timming now that u got it all fuked, crank the motor till all the color links and balance match up perfect. since ur getting confussed this way is to be sure! then install cas like fsm tells u. make sure all ur plugs are cleaned, everything plugeed in and crank that bitch up!!!!!!!!!

yea i did time it right. starts right up now but still runs like shit and dies. when fuse for fuel pump is unplugged i start it and it runs fine, idles for like 2minutes. then dies. plug back in still runs like shit. no idle. will hold gas steady and itll jump around. just like before.

u gotta fix ur p.s. first i rememberd that after. and not to mention mine kinda has a.c. you either have to add cash or let me keep a few things.

ok so i installed a z maf known good maf and the car idles good sometimes, and sometimes it idles low and runs super rich. and if i shut the car off, try and turn it back on i have to unplug the maf and its really hard to start. and then after it starts poors black smoke. low rpms runs pretty shitty.. what can i check for? thanks
i changed the settings for the z maf on the safc. in 2'' and out 6'' thats what a write up on zilvia said to do

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom