s13 z32 lsd swap.

JoeNissan

ok im putting a z32 lsd in my s13. i was told that you could put that lsd in a s13 and all you needed was the axles from a z32. well i got those but the axles are too long. what can i do to make this lsd work before i have to put the stock diff back in?

you should have bought j30 axles.............Ask Ricky cash how he did his without the j30 axles.

Last edited:
ok the j30 axles have the same bolt pattern as the s13 axles right? so all i would need the the hubs off of a j30 diff right? i just dont wanna have to take that diff out again, ive already smashed one of my fingers doing that. the things i do for my car. :p

no! the z32 dif is 5 bolt! the stock 240sx axles are 6 bolt(not jdm model) the j30 axles are the correct length and are 5 bolt which mean---to put the z32 diff in your car u need 30 axles!!!

hell no. the j30's are 5 bolts in a star pattern, s13 are 6bolt in a triangle pattern. you be fucked

damnit you beat me

^^ yes he is right j30 came lsd and non-lsd. The 5bolt pattern being the lsd diff and the 6 bolt pattern being the non-lsd just like you would find in a 240sx. So just get j30 axles.

not really... all J30 came with the lsd....5/6 bolt pattern the difference is in the years they were made.. cant remember which years came with what....I think it's the pre 95's that came 5 bolt...

Bless

Or how about get a J30 Diff, and swap out all internals into the 240sx Non-Lsd diff....... :bigthumbu
OOOORRRRR..... you can do what I did, Get J30 Diff Output shafts and slap them on the Z32 Diff...... :bigthumbu

Last edited:
viral5523 said:
Or how about get a J30 Diff, and swap out all internals into the 240sx Non-Lsd diff....... :bigthumbu

why would you do that? you need to take the pumking out to change the internals, why not change the back plate and axels and be done, and not have to worry about any shims or whatever is inside the vlsd.

Devil Man said:
....why not change the back plate and axels and be done...
Granted, That will Work, But remember something, J30 axles are J30 Axles, NOT 240 Axles.... They work but they dont lineup 100%, You might get some noise.
Best thing to do IMO, Swap out the Internals....
And btw, It ain't that hard....

my 300 vlsd has the 240 axle on driver side and 300 on passenger side, was hard to do. and hooks up nicely w/o noise or leaking (only cuz overfill), been runnin same sine april or may

Back
Top Bottom