s13 or s14 sr20

jdmtech

NKOTB
Just wanted to get some opinions. Whats better to get the s13 or s14 sr20det i know the s14 has about 220hp and s13 205hp. I want to make around 300hp for an everyday car. What mods would i have to make to get 300hp out of an sr20? Is the s14 sr20 worth the extra money?

^^^^^ Like he said... cams will negate the point of getting the s14 sr with the vvti anyway. I would say if you plan to get cams or build the motor at some point, save yourself the extra money and go s13 sr.

just my .02

yea i agree i realized a couple weeks ago that 240_drifter (guy) sold me the wrong parts he said dey were for a s13 sr but the box clearly says s14-s15 sr idk if he knew though so i dont wanna talk shit want em?

You can retain VTC with cams. What are you boys talking about? The issues with the solenoid and certain cams?

Anyway, for 300 daily, the best value is definitely an s14sr since it already comes with a 300whp capable T28. All you need to add is standard supporting mods (intake/exhaust/fmic), 550cc's, and a tune.

^^^s14sr!!! Google is your friend. Consider your budget too. We all know you dont need cams to make 300whp. Which ever motor you go with you're going to have to upgrade turbo,mafs,injectors, and at least a rom tune of some sort. But...research all this first, the topic has been beaten to death. If you have a good budget look into an s15sr. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom