s-14 from auto to 5 sp

kamikaze

Driver
im ready to convert my kouki from auto to manual, and the donor car is a 1993 240sx ka24de, here my concerns.
1.besaides the plastic covers all the parts gonna fit??
2.what about the driveshaft???
3.i need to change the ECU
4.i just need to drill the fire wall, or there is another mod to do??

i wanna do it right so any help is welcome

thanx

Last edited:
kamikaze said:
im ready to convert my kouki from auto to manual, and the donor car is a 1993 240sx ka24de, here my concerns.
1.besaides the plastic covers all the parts gonna fit??
2.what about the driveshaft???
3.i need to change the ECU
4.i just need to drill the fire wall, or there is another mod to do??

i wanna do it right so any help is welcome

thanx

1. Plastic Covers? WTF?
2. You need to change the DRive Shaft.
3. NO need to Change the ECU
FOUR. Yes you need a HOLE saw to put a hole for the master Cylinder and a drill bit for the bolt holes.

i ment the interior plastic cover because the s-13 is different than the s-14, so with the s13 donor i can make the conversion complete?

nissan or the junk yard will have your interior gear selector trim peice. most likely nissan because its a s14 peice. plus it will be new!

oh yea, dont forget your wiring, park\neutral saftey switch. www.ka24development.com has a tech write up on the 5spd swap that i would HIGHLY advise you read before even taking the interior trim apart.

all you have to to is get a 5spd drive shaft from a s13\14. no need to mismatch front and rear's dissasembling universal joints.

bad news the tranny is diferent, s-14 have crankshaft pos. sensor, the 93 s_13 does NOT, IS LOCATED IN THE TOP front OF THE BELL HOUSING, any opinions?????

what do you mean the transmissions are differnet? are you 1000% sure you got a ka24de transmission, and not a ka24e?

i have never heard of this happeneing before........... never

alchemist xl bought his black chassis with a 98 engine and a s13 transmission............... i belive you have the wrong transmission if im not mistaken, or well if you do haev teh correct one it will still work some how, please try to identify what part you think is the crank position sensor.

the crank position sensor is teh distributor, which is loated towards the front of the engine what are you talking about.

Last edited:
kamikaze said:
bad news the tranny is diferent, s-14 have crankshaft pos. sensor, the 93 s_13 does NOT, IS LOCATED IN THE TOP front OF THE BELL HOUSING, any opinions?????
mka_chair.jpg

u guys dont know what ur talking about he IS right the cps is on 96+ s14 trannys, the trannys are the same but the s13 dont have the flange/hole for the cps. Either try and drill it on there or just leave it off and u will throw a missfire code no biggy. I drove with that code for a while because i broke the cps.

You guys are mixing up crank position sensor, crank angle sensor, camshaft position sensor.
1. The camshaft position sensor not crank position sensor is on the distributor.
2. The Crankshaft Position sensor is located on the transmission housing (bellhousing), facing the gear-teeth of the flywheel. and it will run without this, this is used in OBD equipped cars trannys from 95-up(S14) to detect misfires and such for diagnosis. Not a big deal.
3. Crank angle sensor is for engines like the SR20DET or RB and CA which use a distributorless setup, I know nobody mentioned that sensor but just in case the question comes up.

If Dan had a S13 tranny he wouldn't need that sensor as it was stated above thats probably why he didn't go through that.

Last edited:
kamikaze said:
n e 1 knows an s-14 manual in a junk yard???or does n e 1 have an s-14 tranny with the cps

Check with dhsil80 he had one a while back I think from when he was doing a few SR swaps at the shop. Thats his username in red.

Back
Top Bottom