Rx8 drift car, input, good or bad car for sliding?

this coming from a guy that has never done a drift event in a RX8. Plus his was the girls model.

didnt say i had. i just think it would be a little refreshing if someone drifted something that wasnt a nissan. theres no reason you cant drift an rx8. yes, it has less torque than it should. it makes 4 less ft/lbs of tq than a KA. people drift with fucked up KAs all the time. i wouldnt recomend going to d1, but he would be able to learn the basics in it

Joel's car (that rx8) is insane. Easily 800-900hp dont believe me ask jackson or kp. That turbo is litteraly as wide as my chest and weighs about 80lbs. First and prob last time i will agree with bryant, It would be pointless to bring that car to slide the skidpad.

1. Auto tranny.
2. Epic spinfest.
3. Way too much power for a skidpad.

Joel is planning to time attack the car anyway...

One time out at Moroso this millionare rented the kart track and let me drive my RX7 on it. He brought out his turbo RX8 full suspension and everything and it still was sliding like crap compared to my car which was stock motor/boost and stock suspension lol. Idk I think it would be a waste to buy that car in purpose to slide it.

The RX8's electronic steering is a lot of the problem with the platform itself. I have been in the car numerous times while Tim(Hachi) tried to slide it. Also the motor makes no torque and the aftermarket for the Renesis sucks IMO. You would be better off throwing a 20b or 13bre(whatever the Gen III motor) like others said. In my honest opinion the RX8 is not a really good platform to drift in unless you have deep pockets. I would definetely recommend a 350z I slid one before and the car feels awesome.

it will never happen[/QUOTE.
What will never happen

Thanks for all he input the reason I was looking at the rx8 in general was because it had four doors and a back seat. Plus it was sofisticated enough to go to work in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joel's car (that rx8) is insane. Easily 800-900hp dont believe me ask jackson or kp. That turbo is litteraly as wide as my chest and weighs about 80lbs. First and prob last time i will agree with bryant, It would be pointless to bring that car to slide the skidpad.

1. Auto tranny.
2. Epic spinfest.
3. Way too much power for a skidpad.

Joel is planning to time attack the car anyway...

that seems like a horrible platform for TA.

What will never happen
the three rotor @ the skidpad

if you have the money and the time to do a proper swap on the car i would say go for it, if not pick up a nice used 350z

Back
Top Bottom