Rx7 gurus, I have a question.

al0389

LIMA!!!
Driver
Sooo, yesterday morning, getting on the Tpike I slid out of control and may car made sweet sweet love to a guard rail. My front left light, fender bumper, and left rear light bumper and the Qpanel were hit. The rear light was almost completely shattered, and the front left light is stuck half way open. This morning it wouldn't start, I had to call off of work, but I did notice my headlight was trying to reset it's position to go down. I can't really afford to replace the car so I'm gonna tough it out and fix it. It's dark out and raining so I can't really look into the hood or look for problems. Do you think the head light trying to reset itself could kill the battery in the course of a few hours? I drove it all day after that without problems, most the damage is cosmetic. and IS there any kind of connection on the left side that I could have grounded out/shorted? I need to get this shit sorted today so I can get the car running for work and school. Anyone have any input??

Cliff notes:
I fucked my shit up on a guard rail and now the battery is dead as fuuuhhh
Front light, rear light are shot, front light kept trying to "fix" itself and go down
What do you think it might be draining the battery?
I also need to check the battery to make sure it didn't crack and leak out its fluid.

I'm going to get on this once I get home from school in the afternoon, hopefully you guys can help me set a list of things I should look out for.

Sounds possible I guess that it could have been stuck in transit... Throw a multimeter on the battery and see what it's sitting at. If that is the case then you should be able to get it jumped and then maybe disconnect the headlight motor till you straighten it out...

its a rotary.....nuff said...

sry i couldnt resist lol!

hopefully you figure it out. id try borrowing someone elses battery real quick. or look and see if theres any exposed wires from the accident

Back
Top Bottom