rusty sunroof

i have the power sun roof on my 240 and thiers rust around it need it repaired who does it and how much really hate the rust

.....get a real rust problem....untill then........................end your life

from the description it sounds like youi have an s13 coupe SE model, best thing i'll suggest is going to different body shops that offer free quotes, better get it fixed before the cancer spreads slowly but firm ...

thats why i prefer base model coupe's, no sun roof ...

i had a body shop weld sheet metal over my sunroof, blend it in, and then paint it. the only problem is the roof will be 2 diff. pieces of metal so they flex differently and that causes cracks along the welds in the paint. I can live with that... i just put some rtv sealant around the cracks. I think i paid like 350 for it.

green_machine said:
i had a body shop weld sheet metal over my sunroof, blend it in, and then paint it. the only problem is the roof will be 2 diff. pieces of metal so they flex differently and that causes cracks along the welds in the paint. I can live with that... i just put some rtv sealant around the cracks. I think i paid like 350 for it.

thats an alternative but thats the problem at the end

for a temporary fix you could use a 'rust converter' (im not sure exactally what its called)
they sell it at autozone, its like a black chemical that supposedly 'converts' rust into primer...
then you sand it down, seal it up, and paint it again.
i did it on my first coupe and it lasted about a year....then you probably have to do it again, (or, i just didnt do a very good job)
either way, a decient temporary solution for 5 bucks :)

Back
Top Bottom