Running rich all of a sudden.

Emeru

Driver
So i thought id see what you guys may think this was.

89 s13
blacktop sr20det
t28 @ 14lbs
walboro fuel pump
fmic
full exhaust from turbo back

The car idles fine, doesnt bog or anything at idle. Although my afr at start up go from 14.5 and drop slowly all the way to 12.0. Still no bogging or anything.
When im at WOT through the gears the car stays at around 10.5-11.0 afr. Also when i come to a quick stop the car acts like it wants to shut off for a second then it picks right back up to idle. I checked all my vacume lines checked for exhaust leaks found nothing.

Mind you the car never did this, it would idle at 13.7 ish give or take, and WOT would be 11.5-12.0.

My next guess would be either the MAF or the O2 sensor. Wondering if anyone has had the same issues before i start replacing parts.

been thru it
check or clean iacv
check ur plugs to see wat u see
check voltage to iacv
and check voltage to fuel pump
some ppl r reluctant to rewire the pump but its totally needed when u got sr in there

^Rewiring the pump is needed period. Those 20+ year old wires are not as good as what we have access to today... But yea, Emeru listen to SR and check all of that.

been thru it
check or clean iacv
check ur plugs to see wat u see
check voltage to iacv
and check voltage to fuel pump
some ppl r reluctant to rewire the pump but its totally needed when u got sr in there

Sounds good, i will go ahead and get to work on all this on sunday, I haven't rewired the fuel pump neither. Im sure i can find a write up online. Btw what voltage should i get off the iacv ?

And yes i have a brand new BOV as i started with that because my old one was all dried up and thought it would be leaking through there.

thanks for all the replies guys really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom