Running hot losing oil?? :c

hey guys was wondering if anyone knew of a fix for the problem on my car

92 240sx twin cam

VEHICLE ISSUES-

car runs hot (temp gauge always runs at half way mark) yes i've tried the bleeding method and im currently testing the leakage test ( which im pretty sure isnt even the problem )

after a monthish or so the oil of my last oil change will have about little to no oil left in my car.... (no oil leaks on engine or driveway, no smoke at all out the tail pipe. i put about alil under 4 quarts or so of castrol 10-w40 every oil change)

The car runs fine no problem... (obviously there is one...)
my car doesnt feel fast at all... kinda hesitates when I floor her.. choking i guess would be the description.

REPLACED
I have a new radiator, water pump///

any help would be appreciated.. the shits been killing me :/

Last edited:
I stand behind my car and watch the exhaust...when I do a new oil change sometimes I put alil too much I guess and alil white smoke comes out only for a second or so to burn off the excess... Now I noticed today that the clutch fan does not tighten up like it should when the car gets hot... Could the clutch make that much of a difference??

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

And also if I am burning the oil....how and whyyyy... :/ I need to find this fix

how much oil do you put over whats recommended? the car wont just "burn" the extra oil right away. its usually not good to go with more oil becuase it builds more oil pressure then the motor is designed for.....if you do a compression test it give good feedback as to why the motor is burning oil.

you sure your not leakin' it out?

also, how fast are you burning the oil?

After a month and a half ish or so I'll be low on oil... :/ .. Guess my next step is the pcv valve or compression test

You wont get more oil preasure if you over fill it you have a check valve that opens and directs the exses oil back to the pan seeing as to how you still had some oil left when you did your oil change you have a slow leak and you mentioned that when you started the car after the oil change (car cooled down and what not) you said it puffed out some white smoke thats a typical symptom of leaky valve seals or worn valve guides. Whats happening is the motor cools down all the parts contract and some oil slips past the seals and the valve guids and leaks into you combustion chamber so once you do your next start up you get a puff of smoke from the oil that leaked in. Not to big of an issue just check oil leavel regularly because you will have some oil consumption

ya i get what your saying but it only give alil white smoke the day of the oil change or that week really... after that car runs fine.. infact.. the engine sits perfect and to the average eye you would think the car is in perfect working order.. but infact there is some kind of heating issue that is killing me... ://// my temp gauge is at half way... i know shes way hotter then she should be...

FOR INSTANCE lol...
sometimes when im at a red light next to a biker they sometimes will actually tell me how hot the car is running.. like they can feel the heat from there bike... fuhhhh

and I dont like dump oil into it.. im just saying that i put in the 4th quart alil at a time while checkin the dip stick to get a good level... JUST SOMETIMES lol... ill go alil over.. hence running rich??? i guess..

i dont wanna sound like im bitching or sounding stupid I appreciate all of your replies guy really..
just been going through this hell for over 3 years with my car

Back
Top Bottom