Rota rims need verification on S13.

AntiVtec

Hey guys ever since the cars been running right i cant put the power to the steelies and the 215 tires so i basically cant use my 1,2,3 gears on boost without pooping on my self. :eek: Ive been shopping for rims and using offset calcs to try to get a good fit. Im not too confident in my work though since its my first time buying staggered rims so i would like to know if anyone can check and verify.
So far i have:
-2 Rota slipstreams 17x7.5 +40 in the front. Ideal according to the calc is +38 but they dont make em.
-2 Rota slipstreams 17x8.5 +35 in the rear. Ideal should be +35.

Anyone with more experience please verify,
Thanks in advance.
Laz

Yeah uumm... Ideal will be anything 17x9 with at least a +25 or lower offset.

Damn i suck at offsets. Hey but the spotmax 962's come in 17x9 +35 for an S13 and they fit flush with a 255 tire? Am i missing something?
Thanks.

no you need spacers, offsets too high, if you wanna go with rota's do it nasty like, like this
HPIM0130.jpg

HPIM0128.jpg

4134s13_1.JPG
something along those lines

Those are the same exact wheels on both cars, the owners are boyfriend and girlfriend lol

Thats Sean's old S13 and Illida's S13

You wouldnt happen to know what tire they using would you? Cuz i a like the look but it looks like thin rubber and that wont do. Is it me or is the red ones fender pulled?
Thanks.

pulled? yeah iirc. its just the size of the tire 205/40 give a nice stretch since the width is small. on an 8 inch tire as well as the sidewall giving it a stretched look. dont know what tire it is tho

Ok, do you know anyone using a fatter tire on those rotas with pics. I really liked them since i saw them on Freshalloy but some people where saying they stick out too far, or dont look right with a fat tire. I personally love 15-16" rims on early 80's-early 90's stye cars but its so hard to find them in the right lug pattern and width.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom