Rota RB's 16x8 +10.

AntiVtec

I finally found someone selling the RB's in flat black in the size i want but i need some fitment help. Has anyone used rims with these specs? I want to know if it will clear my JIC coilovers and how flush the fit will be on my S13?
Thanks for any help,
Laz.

Last edited:
Sorry im on 2 hours sleep, its a 89 240sx. Thanks. Oh and if anyone wants to know where to get these rims let me know. :bigthumbu

Last edited:
it will be flush, not the kind of flush that some of us offset nazi's here fuss about.
If you run a big tire like a 225/45 it would give it that squared look. Probably right up to the fender but not passed it.

Definitely not this flush VVV ;)

Fc3sSEMA.jpg

Holy sh!t that thing is slammed! Thanks guys, i needed help cus ive seen some people with the rota grids in these specs and they bulge a little, but no one has the RB's. I plan on runnin a 245/45 in the back and a 225/45 front, is this big tire in the rear gonna stick out?
Thanks again,
Laz.

eNtRy SpEeD said:
are you sliding on these?

thats a big ass tire for an 8 inch rim

AGREED...
If i were u id wrap 16X8s in 195/40/16 P-Zeros111
They'll be low-profile and slightly stretched....
;)

Not really 245 are just about right for an 8 inch rim, 235 are ideal. I just need some more traction cus on the street my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear are pretty much useless on my 215 tires, if i put 195's on there ill be doing ballet on the highway.Theyre not for sliding just DD. Thanks for all your input and i guess the 245's are gonna stick out too far huh?
Laz.

eNtRy SpEeD said:
Probably gonna need a slight roll.

Buy at least a 9 inch rim, 245's are whack on an 16x8

Yeah i agree with you, but the RB's only come in 16x8 in my lug pattern. :mad: I just want it to look decent, hopefully the wheel gods will help me out and someone will sell some watanabes locally! :laugh:

i've got 16x8 +15 offset all around (with an 8mm spacer in the rear) should look very decent. and you're right a 235 would be perfect i haven't found any decently priced 235/45/16 though. the 245 would be to big imo, i have 245/45/16 on my Z and i want to change to a wider and shorter tire cus it looks too ''puffy'' even on a 9 inch rim...

stlthftr1 said:
i've got 16x8 +15 offset all around (with an 8mm spacer in the rear) should look very decent. and you're right a 235 would be perfect i haven't found any decently priced 235/45/16 though. the 245 would be to big imo, i have 245/45/16 on my Z and i want to change to a wider and shorter tire cus it looks too ''puffy'' even on a 9 inch rim...

Cool thanks, do you have any pics? Well now lets see; if you use 8mm spacers in the rear that means the actual offset is about +7, so the +10 should be decent, and you have no spacers in the front so i would be a little off but nothing major. What tires are you using on the 16x8 though?
Thanks alot for the info,
Laz. :bigthumbu

for an 8" wheel go with 205 or 195 unless you want that whole drag racer look.... i run 205 on 9.5 " wheels... and in the front i have 195 on an 8" wheel

DUDOCIUS said:
for an 8" wheel go with 205 or 195 unless you want that whole drag racer look.... i run 205 on 9.5 " wheels... and in the front i have 195 on an 8" wheel

this niggas a gangster

that's what I'm talking about

I would but i need the traction for the road. I use my steelies to beat on. But your shit is gangsta, your tires are streched more than Oprahs panties!

Hes not going to be damned to hell if he dose not have stretched sidewalls. He would like more grip for acceleration, I hate having stupid uncontrollable wheel spin in second gear. Sure it might feel better if he was able to step up his tire width while retaining a preloaded sidewall but its not necessary.

mounting a 245 45 on a 8" wide wheel is fine, juan had a 8.5 +35 245 50 on his s13 once and it cleared the fender.

AntiVtec said:
Cool thanks, do you have any pics? Well now lets see; if you use 8mm spacers in the rear that means the actual offset is about +7, so the +10 should be decent, and you have no spacers in the front so i would be a little off but nothing major. What tires are you using on the 16x8 though?
Thanks alot for the info,
Laz. :bigthumbu
there's pix in my member's ride thread. i have 205/40/16 front and 225/40/16 rear.

eNtRy SpEeD said:
this niggas a gangster

that's what I'm talking about

lol homie...thats gansta? Yeah 205 on a 9.5 is nice...but 195s on an 8"? weak.
Im running stretched 185s on 15X8 -12 offset (4" lip)
and 175s on 14x7s.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom