rims

id say, 17x8 +13 for the front and 17x9 +21 For the rear. if you want to be exact, now you cant run some stupid tire like 255/40/17 in the front then it will rub, if you run 215/45/17 or 205/50/17 up front it will fit perfect, on the rear run 225/45/17 or 235/40/17 and you will have a nice flush wheels, now this is a bit on the safe side if you want you can go lower offset but i suggest getting those wheels in that offset and get wheel spacers. If you really want to go crazy get 17X9 Front and rear offset of +15 run 215/45/17 tires front and rear with a 5mm spacer in the rear, and that will be ultimate flushness but the only problem is you have to run a tad bit of camber not much, and if you dotn want to roll your fenders then you can just have 1.5inches from the tire to the fender space.

ive been lookin at the offsets some ppl run on the other sportmaxes ( 5 spoke) ones
ive read the 17x9 +35 in the rear would fit good
not sure how flush
but for the front the offset should be around +20-25
soo a spacer would be needed like 10 mm- and longer studs for safety

portion said:
ive been lookin at the offsets some ppl run on the other sportmaxes ( 5 spoke) ones
ive read the 17x9 +35 in the rear would fit good
not sure how flush
but for the front the offset should be around +20-25
soo a spacer would be needed like 10 mm- and longer studs for safety

hey,
I got those sportmax 962s 17x7 and 17x9 in the rear. I am running 225-45-17 front and 255-40-17 in the rear. they fit perfect. no rubbing what so ever and the look flush. I think if you go to my GARAGE you could see them better. and the best part about it is. they are for sale. I am selling them with FALKEN 512'S all around with about 70 percent tread on them. $$$ 600.00 $$$$ :D :D :D

what offsets?
and no thanks lol
i do not like the 5 spoke look anymore
unless it looks like works emotions CRs or r33 gtr rims
thanx

.....dude....save up, cuz if u look at the auction...offset wise...ur ****ed, and remember 'offset is everything"

Bro anyhting bigger than +20 for the rear is to big (for an s13 not sure about s14) as my expierence i have the falken's rims they are 17x9 on the rear and the offset is +20 (running 245/35/17and thats like righttt there if u go +25 or +30 i can imagine how bad is going to look (stick out) so u have to search for something under +20 for the rear
thats one of the reason I may do the 5 lug conversion , I like very fat rims in the rear , the "perfect offset is between 10 and 15 ,,, then u go 275 or more

ddue for an S13 the perfect wheels are 17x9 +15 in teh front and 17x10+25 in the rear 215/45/17 F and 235/40/17R thast stretched to fit on the stock fender unrolled, rolled you can ither run a wider tire at the same offset or you can go 17x9.5F and 17x10.5 R, I know what im talking about. Its all about what tire size your going to run and how much camber. And also the LOWER the offset the more it sticks out you have it wrong, until you are in the negatives, then its higher the negative the farther it sticks out. The reason why your tires probly are close to rubbing is the tire size of 245. if you run a 215, you will be able to see how much more room you have towards the fender, hell you can run a 10 wide tire with that tire size its all about offset, if you get it right the wheel will be in teh same place but the full inch will go inwards towards the suspension.

coupestretched2.jpg

coupestretched.jpg

17x9 with 215/45/17 in the front 17x10+25 with a 235/40/17 tire int he rear, this is UNROLLED, rolled you can ither go wider to 225s up front and 245s in the rear, or rolled you can go with 225s up front and 245s in the rear with a 1/2 inch wider wheels frotn and rear with 6mm lower offset front and rear. dude its not hard i odnt know why no one understands offset of wheels......its so easy.

0 is the perfect center of a set wheel, negative from that is going towards the fender posative it going towards the suspension. .5 of an inch is 13mm's 1inch is 25 mm's.

Last edited:
S13 Slide said:
ddue for an S13 the perfect wheels are 17x9 +15 in teh front and 17x10+25 in the rear 215/45/17 F and 235/40/17R thast stretched to fit on the stock fender unrolled, rolled you can ither run a wider tire at the same offset or you can go 17x9.5F and 17x10.5 R, I know what im talking about. Its all about what tire size your going to run and how much camber. And also the LOWER the offset the more it sticks out you have it wrong, until you are in the negatives, then its higher the negative the farther it sticks out. The reason why your tires probly are close to rubbing is the tire size of 245. if you run a 215, you will be able to see how much more room you have towards the fender, hell you can run a 10 wide tire with that tire size its all about offset, if you get it right the wheel will be in teh same place but the full inch will go inwards towards the suspension.

coupestretched2.jpg

coupestretched.jpg

17x9 with 215/45/17 in the front 17x10+25 with a 235/40/17 tire int he rear, this is UNROLLED, rolled you can ither go wider to 225s up front and 245s in the rear, or rolled you can go with 225s up front and 245s in the rear with a 1/2 inch wider wheels frotn and rear with 6mm lower offset front and rear. dude its not hard i odnt know why no one understands offset of wheels......its so easy.

0 is the perfect center of a set wheel, negative from that is going towards the fender posative it going towards the suspension. .5 of an inch is 13mm's 1inch is 25 mm's.

I don't see the point on a 235 tire on a 17x10 wheel at all ,,, the reason on going with a big wheel is to go fat on tires ,mines are 17x9 and i have 245/35 and looks good , so if i have a 17x10 (with the right offset offcourse) wheel ill defenetely go with 265 at leastttt
have u ever seen a porsche with a 18x10(rear) wheel with a 235 tire?

no exactly, the tires are stretched, and i TOTALLY agree but since everybody wants a "jdm tight" wheel offsets and fitments thats the advice i gave him since he didnt specify.....then let me ask you whats the point of running a 245 width tire? unless you have 300hp....if he wants the widest tire but still having the sidewall flush then running a 245/40/17 tire int eh rear with the offset +35 and the front 225/45/17 with an offset of +25.

ROIDMONKEY said:
Bro anyhting bigger than +20 for the rear is to big (for an s13 not sure about s14) as my expierence i have the falken's rims they are 17x9 on the rear and the offset is +20 (running 245/35/17and thats like righttt there if u go +25 or +30 i can imagine how bad is going to look (stick out) so u have to search for something under +20 for the rear
thats one of the reason I may do the 5 lug conversion , I like very fat rims in the rear , the "perfect offset is between 10 and 15 ,,, then u go 275 or more

YOU ARE TOTALLY BACK ASSWARDS! The hgiher the +number the futher in it will be.

m4nfred said:
lol
no

17x9 +1 215
ROIDMONKEY said:
U must be 12

Why must he be 12? He ran that setup on his S13, with some wicked camber in the rear. SLAMMED Never rubbed. It was SO HOT!

ROIDMONKEY said:
I don't see the point on a 235 tire on a 17x10 wheel at all ,,, the reason on going with a big wheel is to go fat on tires ,mines are 17x9 and i have 245/35 and looks good , so if i have a 17x10 (with the right offset offcourse) wheel ill defenetely go with 265 at leastttt
have u ever seen a porsche with a 18x10(rear) wheel with a 235 tire?

The point is to stretch the tire so you dont rub when you slam your car. The 265 looks great on the back of a car. But remember this is SFLDRITERS not SFLRicers(for the most part).

Yes I have seen many porsche's with 10"+ wide wheels. But how many do you see drifting? Also remember when you go with a 265, 175, 315 you must lower the profile drastically. You ever priced a 275/25/17? Or even Better 315/20/17? LMAO I hope you got credit. :eek:

S13 Slide said:

coupestretched2.jpg

coupestretched.jpg

Sorry S13 slide I personally think that looks like crap.. Stretched tires defeat the purpose of the wider wheel... Plus those are not "flush" they stick out past the fender.. so it looks bad IMO.. Sportmax are good looking wheels but they bend really easily... so they are not so good for hard drivers like myself..

I'm not one to talk about flushness because I went with something cheap ($300 for the whole set) 17x7 +40 is only a slightly better offset then stock (which we all know is awful) I only got new wheels because I needed new tires and it just did not make sence to replace tires on the stock stellies... These may not be the best but they will get me by while I spend my money on more importaint things like... Getting the car running great (done) suspension and more power.. Only ricers do wheels first..

1cleans13... great offset on those wheels man they look awsome on your car.

z4k said:
YOU ARE TOTALLY BACK ASSWARDS! The hgiher the +number the futher in it will be.

Why must he be 12? He ran that setup on his S13, with some wicked camber in the rear. SLAMMED Never rubbed. It was SO HOT!

The point is to stretch the tire so you dont rub when you slam your car. The 265 looks great on the back of a car. But remember this is SFLDRITERS not SFLRicers(for the most part).

Yes I have seen many porsche's with 10"+ wide wheels. But how many do you see drifting? Also remember when you go with a 265, 175, 315 you must lower the profile drastically. You ever priced a 275/25/17? Or even Better 315/20/17? LMAO I hope you got credit. :eek:

Here we go again, I didn't know that having a a fat tire on the rear is "RICE" LOL i don't know where u get that from?,,, guess u have to go out and tell that to all the S14 and S13 and supras and g35's and 350Z etc etc owners out there with fat tires in the back ,,, u probably need a few days cause there is tons with it, can't believe u sayd that REMENBER THIS IS SFLDRIFTERS not SFL RICERS? LOL
Rice for me is for example painting a grill of ur car in pink LOL THATS IS VERY RICE :)

btw yes i've seen lambo's and porsche's drifting and im sure u seen the mopar viper (formula d) drifting and that thing have 315 i believe, now that a lot of US don't have the power to push that is another story ,

guess for u donnuts looks better in the back of ur car LOL and painting in pink :)
no offense

damn roids, never seen u out anywhere sliding.... with your 595/5/17 out back......

Kenrik said:
Sorry S13 slide I personally think that looks like crap.. Stretched tires defeat the purpose of the wider wheel... Plus those are not "flush" they stick out past the fender.. so it looks bad IMO.. Sportmax are good looking wheels but they bend really easily... so they are not so good for hard drivers like myself..

I'm not one to talk about flushness because I went with something cheap ($300 for the whole set) 17x7 +40 is only a slightly better offset then stock (which we all know is awful) I only got new wheels because I needed new tires and it just did not make sence to replace tires on the stock stellies... These may not be the best but they will get me by while I spend my money on more importaint things like... Getting the car running great (done) suspension and more power.. Only ricers do wheels first..

1cleans13... great offset on those wheels man they look awsome on your car.

^Oh yea i totally agree. Now yes 1CleanS13 wheels do look nice on his car, BUT 17x7 and 17x9 on a car that already understeers adding wider tires and wheels to the rear is only going to add to the understeer, unless you have massive power depending on the tire size, which is fine cause i think he dailies the car only anyways......now 17x9 on a 215 wide tire is Stupid IMO, but its all about looks, i mean all your doing is adding weight....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom