Rims scratched at tire shop :l

edberg

NKOTB
CIMG0004-2.jpg

Good job SUPER TIRE, I'm gonna try and get a free alignment out of them seeing as how I doubt they will want to pay for a white powdercoat. Anyone know of a good place that does such a thing?

omg, just what you should do is give up these nice wheels that cant be SCRATCHED, and stop drifting, and wash your car daily....

ps powdercoating scratches really easy. plus those looked stretched and most tire places hate doing stretches, maybe you were a dick and they scratched em on purpose, so now they will fuck your alignment,....

I'll head over there tomorrow, the fronts were a mild stretch but the rears weren't, 3 wheels were scratched.

btw I saw them using an impact wrench, does that really ruin shit?

that sucks. rpf1s too. i dont quite get the negative comments, id be upset.
fukin right i'd be pissed if it wasnt me that did that

omg, just what you should do is give up these nice wheels that cant be SCRATCHED, and stop drifting, and wash your car daily....

ps powdercoating scratches really easy. plus those looked stretched and most tire places hate doing stretches, maybe you were a dick and they scratched em on purpose, so now they will fuck your alignment,....

wtf? why doesnt he just rattlecan his car flat black and not give a fuck what his car looks like so he can fit in with the other 99.8% of this forum?

Last edited:
I wouldn't have left w/o a signed letter from the manager stating he will fix the situation.

I'll head over there tomorrow, the fronts were a mild stretch but the rears weren't, 3 wheels were scratched.

btw I saw them using an impact wrench, does that really ruin shit?

If they dont use a proper socket or care and scratch your wheels, yes. Over-torquing is an issue too. That was someone inexperienced or not using care when mounting your tires though.

that sucks. rpf1s too. i dont quite get the negative comments, id be upset.

Not really negative but to me that looks like a lot of fuss over a small issue. If you want good work take your rims to trusted places and get it done right, or do like me and watch over them like a hawk and explain how it has to be done. Still that looks like a minor scratch to me and rpf1's aren't that expensive these days, but i guess its the principle.

Don't go to some whack ass tire place and expect them to take care of you. You want it done right go to people that handle expensive rims they won't fuck up. A POS place bent one my friends wheels by putting to much force with that metal bar I got my money back the next day, half of them think there slick.

Not really negative but to me that looks like a lot of fuss over a small issue. If you want good work take your rims to trusted places and get it done right, or do like me and watch over them like a hawk and explain how it has to be done. Still that looks like a minor scratch to me and rpf1's aren't that expensive these days, but i guess its the principle.

idc if they're pepboys rims, you bring a tire to a tire shop and they should know what they're doing. yes, this is absolutely about principle. same principles that are applied when anyone is providing a service for you.

idc if they're pepboys rims, you bring a tire to a tire shop and they should know what they're doing. yes, this is absolutely about principle. same principles that are applied when anyone is providing a service for you.

I get you. For future references OP take good wheels to good shops.....only mount drift spares in shit-holes

i understand all that is going on, and i didnt see the picture on my blackberry in my first comment, now that i have caught a real glimpse, and kknow what rims he fucked up i would be pissed.... but then again i mount and stretch my own tires with help from a buddy of mine who chooses to remain nameless... lol... but when i was paying to go to tire kingdom, set that needle type peice against my battles, and i corrected him before the rims started spinning. if i were you i would definately supervise these lazy motherfuckers next time....sorry for my first post... ahahaha was in a really bad mood due to some shit... good luck and try for an alignment.

Principle is exactly what it's about, I honestly don't mind the scratch too much because I was planning on getting them painted/coated white shortly after buying them. But the fact that they returned the car to me without telling me is what pisses me off, there is no way that they couldn't have noticed what had happened.

Regardless I talked to the manager and he's gonna have them fixed :)

You get what you pay for. Im not saying you went to the cheapest spot to put wheels on, but i know that when i had proper wheels, i would take them to a place that, while being more expensive than the average tire place, they did have the tire machines that have Delrin/plastic on all the mating ends/surfaces of the mounting hardware. They charged more, but i never had this issue or any other issue; even on freshly painted wheels with automotive base/clear (which is MUCH softer than powder).

Last weekend i took the 3pc wheels i sold, but not quite - to a cheap ass tires plus by my house to remove the old rubber that was on em. Douche bag scratched the fuck out of them and busted one of the aluminum valve stems... Saved me a cool 30-40 bucks compared to going to the more expensive, trusted spot but i wasnt happy at all.

When you get older you start realizing the value of proper work.

What i find best about this thread are all the fantastic comments from the tards that dont take any pride in their cars. KEEP ON ROCKIN DOUCHERS

Last edited:
idgaf if the rims were drift spares, if you go to a supermarket you'd expect there to be edible food right? same shit, you'd expect a tire shop to do tire shop shit right, correct? bitch to the manager and try and get free shit FTW!!!!

Back
Top Bottom