Rhys Millen Racing and Hyundai break up [CONFIRMED]

Wrecked Magazine

Despite the recent win at Formula D Las Vegas and the record-breaking run at Pikes Peak, Rhys Millen Racing and Hyundai will be ending their motorsports relationship at the end of this season. This is the second OEM that RMR will be breaking up with after Pontiac chose to move away from drifting following the 2008 season. There’s no doubt that Millen has given Hyundai great publicity through his efforts in Formula D, Global Rallycross, and Pikes Peak, and it will be sad to see the brand move away from Formula D unless they jump onboard with another team. It will be interesting to see if Millen partners with another OEM for the 2013 season, or decides to forego Formula D altogether as was rumored last season.

Full press release can be read here: http://rhys-millen-racing.myshopify.com/blogs/news/6633844-motorsport-relationship-ends-with-hyundai

More...

Yeah its not just with Rhys its with all north american motorsports that hyundai is pulling out of

So Wrecked mentions that maybe the will sign with another driver/team yes failed to learn that Hyundai is getting out of US all together? LOL

At least Rhys still has Red Bull....^ Redline I doubt it would suck up all their money just to jump back in to WRC.

At least Rhys still has Red Bull....^ Redline I doubt it would suck up all their money just to jump back in to WRC.

It's not so much just WRC from what I read they are going to focus on Europe for awhile and look at the date of the debut, it was right after they announced they are pulling away for North American Motorsports. Just interesting information to further the discussion :D.

Back
Top Bottom